Failed to connect to server when queuing

when I play overwatch 2, I get in a match of any mode and get through the whole match which no issues at all, but after playing a few match’s or I try to queue into a match right after finishing one the game will say match found and never put me in and send a messaging saying I failed to connect to server. I tested this with a friend where we were in a lobby together, would play a match, then next match he would tell me I’m in the lobby but I would never load into that game but would still be able to talk to him in game chat, and the same thing would happen the other way around. my concern with this is that when it happens when I try to load a competitive match I end up with a unwarranted suspension which has now worked its way up to a season ban, as it thinks I’m in the match and left when realistically I was never put into the match to begin with. If anyone can relate to this please let me know.

5 Likes

Same thing happened to me.

3 Likes

Same thing here. Usually i check by trying to join practice range or a custom game and if i can join them then i queue or then i restart and “scan and repair” and to make sure i join practice range while i queue. I found that if you dont join any game “while you wait” then you wont be able to join the game you’re queueing for.

1 Like

You’re not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.