"Failed to connect to server." --> 15 minute suspension

While queueing for comp, my game gave the notification that a match was found, but nothing happened. Then in the bottom left, a message said “Failed to connect to server” and then I was given a 15 minute suspension. My internet didn’t cut out, power didn’t go out, nothing. Not sure why this happened.

5 Likes

Something is up with the competitive servers. Don’t que again like I did. Now I have a 60 min ban and lost my level 5 endorsement all because of a server issue. Good ole Blizzard.

OMG I’m so sorry :disappointed: That really sucks… Hopefully they can fix it soon since a bunch of us are having the same problem.

1 Like

This just happened to me as well. I was suspended but it never connected to a match. I don’t want to derank because of a bug with the OW2 servers/code.

1 Like

This just happened to me too…

2nd time this happens to me, last time I derank 3 tiers, so excited to see how many tiers I will derank this time…

same. just got out of a match and queued again, immediately got banned

Yikes that stinks. I think the servers are acting up regardless of which mode. I tried queueing for vs ai as a test, found a game then said failed to connect, then everything just locked up, I even tried to go into the practice range but its taking long to go in.

lol got demoted because it says i abandoned a game. what a joke.

I have these Server issues since the Launch of OW2. In OW1 everything was perfect but since OW2 I get kicked out of Matches randomly without Lag or something.

Please report this on technical support section.

this happend to me too and now i am banned for the entire season

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: False Suspension And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.