So it’s happened 3 times now so im on the 2 hr ban plus I’ve lost 230 Sr. Anyone else getting this? I just got brand new internet and a new modem so it can’t be from my end
It happened to me recently. I’ve never had a problem in over 300+ hours of play , it didn’t even show my internet as disconnected, but it gave me a DC in a comp game
Me neither it just started 2 days ago and it’s ridiculous
Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:
Disconnections are the most common problem for any online video game. Please avoid comparing your problems to that of others.
Not necessarily, if your modem is not configured properly, disconnections can occur. These steps can help to make sure everything is good to go on your end.
Of course, if everything checks out and you are disconnecting frequently you need to figure out where it is occurring. A WinMTR test can help with this:
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 184.108.40.206:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 220.127.116.11
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 18.104.22.168
- US Central - 22.214.171.124
- Brazil - 126.96.36.199
- Europe - 188.8.131.52
- Europe - 184.108.40.206
- Korea - 220.127.116.11
- Taiwan - 18.104.22.168