Extreme Performance Drop, Tried Many Things

I have an Alienware Aurora and ever since I got it, I’ve been able to run this game at very nice settings. I had it on medium and even high for a bit and the computer ran fine, in the hundreds in terms of frames. When I took it to college, the internet suffered a bit but played exactly the same as at home. I take my computer back for Christmas and play there, with all new keyboard, monitor, cables, etc., and it worked great! However, when I take my computer back and load up the game, my render scale is at 50%, the game looks fuzzy and the frames have dropped to 40 at the highest. My graphics are all at low or zero. Based on how it looks, I think I was playing at 200% before based on the crispness of the images, now it can barely function at 50%. In games, the few I try and play, the frames are in the 30’s and are super choppy, often freezing. I have tried so many things, scanning and repairing the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, updating drivers, closing all other applications, uninstalling other big games (Destiny) to free up space, but nothing has worked. The only things that have changed between it working at home and here are location and the equipment, all of which has worked perfectly in the past. I have a 1920/720 240Hz monitor. The only possible thing I can see that may be a problem is my Radeon setting refuse to open and want to be plugged into a display. Please, if anyone can offer me some help I would appreciate it. I want to play the game and have my computer run the way it has and is supposed to run. Thanks a lot.

All of that moving back and forth might have loosened your GPU from its seating on the motherboard. If your Radeon settings won’t open, and insist you need to plug in a monitor, chances are that it doesn’t see the port for the monitor at all. If you have a warranty, or tech support that came with your purchase, I’d suggest contacting them before you try to physically address this on your own.

Are we sure the monitor is plugged into the graphics card and not the motherboard?

How can I ensure that it is plugged into the graphics card? Currently it’s in the SS port after being plugged into a normal USB port (my bad).

Your monitor should be plugged into the indicated box in the picture here. Talking about the actual display cable, whether its VGA, HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort. You’ll want to make sure its plugged into the graphics card.

Other wise if you’re unsure, can you take a picture of the back of your computer and upload it to an image sharing site like imgur to link here? You can post links inbetween ` marks like this
```
link
```

https://imgur.com/UqV2Stq

This is the back of my computer. It was indeed plugged into the wrong port, but after replugging it into the lower area, it still isn’t working. There’s also a usb-like cable that comes out of the monitor too, not sure if that has to go anywhere specific.

I stand by my earlier suggestion. It does seem to be in the right spot.

If you have a built-in USB hub, this would be the connector for that.