Exploring a New Universe in Starwatch: Galactic Rescue

Exploring a New Universe in Starwatch: Galactic Rescue

Learn how Starwatch brings a unique theme through the environmental art of the “Infinite Galactrius”

View Full Article

5 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the art direction. While I think the game mode itself has some issues (doom dying instantly as he blocks and character selection being the most obvious) it has been a really nice change of pace. It reminds me a bit of why I miss 2CP, in that it offered a different gameplay experience we no longer have.

Good job to the art team and hope you guys keep at it. Gameplay could use some work for this event but overall I still enjoyed myself.

1 Like

Well, was interesting read. Mostly a discussion of transforming Horizon to a new color pallet and lighting style. Nice to see old Assault maps finding new life, though wish they could get repurposed for a new main game mode.

1 Like

Bring back 2CP.

2 Likes

Bring back profile levels and leveling up lootboxes

1 Like

Don’t bring back 2CP.

1 Like

Ban hensoldt

1 Like

Another PvP event :confused:

It is fine and I would even say it is a good variation of 2cp… but there is just lack of new things and the balance between the team is way too off for a pvp mode.

It doesn’t feel that unique because we have experienced all of the things in some form already.

1 Like

It’s beautiful (I love red and black!), very well done <3 and thank you for this peek behind the scenes into the thoughts of the developers!

No.

I agree with this. Looks beautiful but I’d expect nothing less from a fantastic art team.

Overwatch 2 is my favourite game but, being honest, the gameplay in this mode is terrible.

Not explained well, not balanced well, an unnecessary bot and generally not very enjoyable.

With some more time, this could have actually been great and randomized 4CP is something I would definitely play in the future but it doesn’t work right now.

2 Likes

trash company as always. thank you for lying to us again about PvE for all these years.

2 Likes

"The original Horizon: Lunar Colony was a friendly and fun map "

um, I remember that map quite differently. I remember it being not very well liked, and (to me at least) recoloring it without any real map changes didn’t make me think twice about it.

i do not care about starwatch. it’s awful. it’s garbage, and you should be embarrassed that you even made it, even if the horizon lunar rework you did was pretty cool, the mode itself is completely unfun and genuinely embarrassing to have be part of the game i care about so much. you somehow managed to release a ‘pvpve’ gamemode that has no pve in it, and was designed from the ground up only to sell skins. exclusively to sell skins. skins which are all the exact same quality we received in overwatch 1, except now they’re 20 dollars a pop. you cancelled the one part of overwatch 2 people were looking forward to, even if i wasnt one of the people who wanted pve in the game.

you’ve pulled the rug out from under us, and you made sure to only announce it after the microsoft acquisition went through. there is no one with any authority at activision-blizzard who cares about this game anymore. you have defrauded your investors who believed they would see a return on investment once the pve mode released. you have defrauded your players who purchased the watchpoint pack and were promised free access to a pve mode you already knew was cancelled. the apology was insincere and pathetic. and you openly admitted to cancelling it over a year and a half ago, and just never telling us.

in the previous parts of this post, ‘you’ referred to activision-blizzard as a whole. now, you refers to you. the person who posted this thread, who clicked on create topic.

how dare you post this on the forums right now, when the whole of the forum is awash in the grief caused by the scam you’ve pulled on us all. you are complicit in this scam. i don’t care what your job is. i don’t care how much they pay you or how bad you need the job. it’ll never be worth trading in your integrity to act like it’s all business as usual in the face of what is by far the worst disaster the company has ever put us through. they arent sorry