Explain SR loss?

Hey hey :slight_smile:

I started out the season badly. At 1515 but ive done about 11 games and gone to 1663 which for me is good as it reinforces that I can climb and get better, per say.

However, i am a little puzzled by the SR loss calculations. If you play poorly and lose do you lose more SR than if you played well?

Is this how the climbing goes? Win a handful, lose a few but win some more? Play well and the loss is ofset by won games and playing good?

Until Diamond (3000 SR) yes, you gain or lose SR based on your performance. Normally you win/lose ~24 or 25SR. If you play bad but win, you can gain only 20, and when you play good and win you could gain 28

1 Like

I’ve thought about this one.

I think, overall, people have to separate winrate from SR (and some forget to).

Winrate, the game will try to keep you at somewhere near a 50% winrate, but how SR plays into it will be a monster all of its own.

Because while you’re maintaining the 50% winrate, how you perform is going to dictate your SR placement in it all.

You could have a 55% winrate, but very little SR gain because the game figured you were doing a minimal amount to promote that victory (so you could have a higher winrate, but still slowly rise or fall in SR).

My guess at least.

PBSR is explained in rather good detail in the post below. In summary, they compare your stats with other players in your rank on the same heroes, and your base 24 SR gain or loss is adjusted accordingly.