Experimental zarya hog

Actually amazing, so much fun.

Two bubble and a take a breather to cycle frontline.

Who needs a shield this opens up the game in such a positive way.

2 Likes

I don’t remember zarya being changed on experimental… o_o

She wasn’t, doesn’t make hog zarya any less good when shields are lower and hog has pick potential

Gotta remember zarya melts whatever shields are left currently

And one of those shields is sigma which is hard countered by zarya

I like Zarya’s fabuary experimental card (8 bubbles) because then she’s opressive like a shield tank but instead of being opressive to long range ,she’s oppressive to close range like it should be!

But hog… Less.
Don’t get me wrong. I prefer experimental febuary hog over our current hog for sure. I just feel like it still doesn’t give him his full potential.
hook cool down reduction? Love it.
less damage per shot? more like a tank! I would give him faster shooting time Or more ammo to replace the damage source but still good call.

But then… The damage cloud? At first i thought it was a good idea, because hog really needs an aoe protection to help the rest of the team rather than only 1 at a time, but the cloud just doesn’t work with the take a breather.

• take a breather heals hog, it’s good for the middle of the fight when hog is 1/2 or less.
  • resistance cloud is good for the start of the fight to make the most of it.
    Now i’m not saying the cloud as it is feels bad but needing to choose between healing yourself to help a doved Bastion just doesn’t feel right…

If I could give him another ability for the cloud of resistance and healing that could have been great but it’s impossible.

So the last option I left with for the ability is a passive, “body guard”
You have 2 ways to implement it.

• Every team member around hog gets 15% all the time
  • When enemies are 20 meters or less from hog his passive gets triggered, everyone around hog gets 25% damage resistance.

Personally I prefer the 2nd option since it helps countering hog from distance but these 2 are the options I found to be most efficient.

My favorite month of the year

2 Likes

Lol what why?
The experimental card?
Birthday?
Weather?
The name of the month?

I honestly don’t think hog needs a team defensive ability because he makes space with a one shot and it’s less overall sustain

But then why picking him over a more protective tank?
Dps already take care of securing kills… Isn’t it better enabling dps rather than having a team of 1 tank and 3 dps? If you shield is destroyed your team is just dead with such composition.
Zarya-hog will be nice if they run dive but even then. you can get a quick kill, first focus 1 target, wait for them to bubble it and then move to another.
even if hog gets a kill big deal- you get a kill as well.

Getting one kill is nice but then what? The enemies will keep on getting kills on your back line.
Besides, other tanks got the same damage potential with protection.
Sigma has a shield, an interruption & a kinetic grasp except for his normal damage- similar to hog he can almost get a kill using rock(70)+burst(110)=190 damage if he finish with melee similar to hog.
Reinhardt with a swing can get up to 450 damage against 6 players and his charge is 100% kill on a squishy. he also got a fire strike for quick 100 damage.
AND He also got a giant shield that can block up to 1,600 damage for all team members from all directions.

If you increase kill potential in a tank then what’s the difference between dps and tank?
It’s important to keep the split as it is to make sure every class got a clear role.

• Tanks make space, protect their team and have high survive ability
  • Dps secure kills rather by a combo,utility, high damage output or a burst.
  • Support heal their team, provide utility and got some sort of an ability to deal with enemies either by escaping,making their life harder or put some pressure.

Each role exists for a reason and while getting a kill with Roadhog is nice and all but so far his job is more forcing enemies to leave what they focus and face him.
He does that to stop damage from coming to a team member. He can also stun enemies from using strong abilities like hook a pharah mid barrage ,mccree out of high noon or Doomfist out of rocket punch.

So if to conclude I don’t think we need a 3rd dps instead of another tank… He has a lot of potential as a tank and while more damage is always nice its best to make
that fit their role and not just weird hybrids.
The goal is to make all tanks viable with each other like every support can be run with another support and still bring positive results.

And not forcing hog to be played behind a shield because then we’re back to square 1 with shields being op and hog being a throw pick.

I think people learning to play the game without shields is good for the game.

This crutch of shields has created a stale game

Ofcourse.
Shields are a very specific ability and it’s a shame they became a must pick.
But because of that I think all tanks should be good as shields tanks even without having a shield.

shields are very specific. either you have enough damage to break them or go past them.
having weaknesses for both high damage and close range.

So the rest of the tanks need something with the same formula for their abilities.

For example Zarya should be either have enough damage to destroy her bubbles or play from range.
So 1 bubble isn’t enough because you can just ignore her and go for other target, but 6 bubbles force enemies to choose.

That’s what I want for hog as well by giving him a damage resistance passive.
Either play from range,kill hog first or have harder time finishing targets.

But if you make hog a dps you don’t encourage no one to pick him. maybe in the low ranks sure, but in the higher ranks it’s clear what role does what.
why risking it all with 1 tank when you can have 2.
2-2-2 is safer than 1-3-2, if the tank dies in 1-3-2 you’re left with noting.
But if you got 2 tanks that can protect your team well, you’re good to go even if your tanks do different jobs.

So making hog more of a tank will work better than a dps-tank hybrid…

^

I can see it working on attacks against an uncooperative team or at low ranks, but it easy to exploit.

You feed FAR too much Ult charge, and have no answer to Discord, Widow/Ashe, anti, Grav, Shatter, and a host of other issues.

Widow and Ashe taking crossing fire lanes and Shatter alone would be extremely problematic.

*february oops my bad

I feel like people underestimate how good hog can be as a tank right now in experimental especially with something like a zarya

Most people just theorize he’s bad without having any actual hours

I tried it a bit but he just feels a bit awkward for me if I’m not using the hook and kill combo which makes him more of a dps than a tank…

Ofcourse he will feel good considering most other heroes got nerfs and rest are heroes that Roadhog counter.

Besides in the experimental most people just play from close range, they don’t really try any strategy and of course in close range hog-zarya will feel better considering they are the close and medium range tanks.

I think it’s important to look at the changes a lone and try understanding what they did, and for roadhog none of the changes made him a better tank, just a better killing machine.
if it works than fine, but it’s not like he provides something a 3rd dps couldn’t bring.

You need someone to communicate with you.
Zarya bubble, hog breather soak, zarya personal, hog breather, zarya projected etc

All I’m seeing is infinite ult charge for the enemy.

Without shields the game is stale. The respawn timer, long hike back to where the fight is going on, along with the near CS:GO levels of TTK that many of the heroes have doesn’t make this game interesting…

Yeah but it’s only body blocking and it’s not even enough time really…
so first hog-zarya only block a very small space because both bubble and hog are not that big compared to shields, second of all just by calculation.
bubble and take a breather both are around 2 seconds each.
take a breather is 8 seconds, same about projection Personal bubble is 10.
meaning that
zarya bubble (8 sec cooldown)->hog breather (now the bubble is on 6)->zarya personal (now the bubble is on 4)-> and now you have 4 more seconds until you can use projected.
meaning this combination not only takes a very small space but also has a lot of openings.

If you run the combination alone you get at maximum blocking 1,000 damage blocked from 2 tanks… (200 per bubble, hog resistance is 50% with 300hp so 300*2=600, 200+200+600=1,000) and team members get much more ult.

so already 3 reasons why this change is not as good.

• less protection hp
  • smaller space blocking
  • giving ult charge.

In the mean while Widow can shoot your dps and support, divers flankers can run to the back & Bastion just shred through.
I know the 2 might work well in close range because there shields are not that strong so the 2 might sound better.
But overall they do close to noting compared to their potential if they were strong as shield tanks…

NO!

D.Va doesn’t need anymore nerfs, she’s already worse than zarya and she suppose to go against Zarya.