Experimental Transparency testing in the Forums

Doing God’s work here.

Mercy would like to have a word with you

2 Likes

For a future experimental, especially if it is more focused on balance, it would be very interesting to let people from the other 2 roles come up with changes. So a tank and support player think up changes for DPS heroes, DPS and support come up with tank changes, etc.

I think even though this experimental was a little all over the place, it is informative because it teases what players from particular roles want the game to feel like for themselves. It would be really informative to see how players who don’t primarily play in a role would change it.

I wish they bring the Lucio’s ultimate instant kill change to Live, same for Reinhardt ultimate instant, but with damage adjustment where they can’t delete the target but can do a follow-up attack to finish them off like the roadhog combo.

They definitely need to implement’s Winston ultimate change where he gets more health and not deleted so easily when focus on. The double damage on object will be an amazing buff to him.

That 3s sprint for auto-reload on 76, please bring that to live, massive QoL change.

Moria experiment just needs the hp drain to be more severe, and (without the cleansing,) it’s perfect for live. Also, bring that mercy change too!!! lol

Can we at least agree that nerfs are not “fun, over the top balance changes?”

It’s been really frustrating for those of us who play unpopular heroes as our favorites keep getting dumpstered. Flats himself explicitly said he didn’t want Orisa to have “fun” changes, he wanted her nerfed.

Can y’all make it fun for everyone and not just the “in” heroes?

10 Likes

Hey Andy, i was planning on making a thread on this but if you are taking the feedback might as well do it rn.

I think 2 important things for these next pro patches are 1) all changes should follow the same line of thought, either over the top for everyone or attempts to balance everyone, no inbetween. Using the tanks as an example (Mostly since is the one role i play the most) most of the heroes did get over the top changes but then you have instances like sig, ball and hog. Sig seemed more towards “Balance him as an off tank”, while with Hog and ball it felt a little bit more like a power shift with hog getting the short end of the stick.

1. Reduce hero bias, like, i know these pros favor heroes they like but if the patches dont have anything meaningful for all heroes then its not fair for those that enjoy these less mainstream heroes. Tracer got mega buffed while poor sym only got the TP speed increase (Granted, Sommju did adress this and added the fourth turret but you get the point).

A small disclaimer for anyone else reading this, no particualr hate towards any of the streamers, is just that these 2 things were also present in the april´s (?) pros patch and i think solving these 2 issues would make these patches better.

3 Likes

andy im begging. PLEASE ask them about goomba stomp lucio or at least some form of it.

The most hated change of all? Nah

1 Like

If the team changes around some of the numbers, the Experimental could legitimately be a contender for a good balance patch

Why do I like this post so much?

Prob because I like your response to the silly remark made above it.

I really don’t see that coming in, as much as I want it, but even putting in the decreased ult cost for Beat would go a long way to making Lucio better.

1 Like

This has been a great experimental on that note for sure.

When it comes to the level of ridiculous they wanted to go with; I would recommend not just thinking and talking about it on a creator2creator level, but also on a hero2hero level since it’s quite clear that for example Rein vs. Hog changes are on way different levels where Rein became a superman without any nerfs and Hog became a grandpa with the nerfs to his kit. So in this case for example it would’ve just been better to keep the experimental design consistent from hero2hero and not nerf Hog at all while giving him the buffs that he got from the patch, and then maybe retroactively tune those buffs down if the data pointed out that it was a bit necessary

Need revert extreme nerf of Mercy…

I’d like to throw my 25 cents in here if I could. Not trying to be mean.

One of the big complaints I hear is that Healers over-all are being called out for “THROWING” the game for not healing. The thing I always see In matches is that Healers have really powerful toolkits for Offensive abilities.

Moira being the Main one. I haven’t looked too much at the Experimental stuff. But I can say that Damage orbs from Moira and her Biotic grasp provide too much incentive for her to be a damage dealer and less of a healer.

If Biotic grasp had a considerably decreased range, and the bug of it where it still clips through walls and continues channeling through visual obstructions, while attacking a target, if that was Revisited and fixed. I think it would be a better.

Moira often goes “oom” when it comes to her Power meter for healing. So what really happens is, is linear healing is lost during a match.

I know just playing Moira. Those healing orbs (what I call them). bounce all over but never where a person needs them. if they were less about Vertical Bouncing and perhaps more with Horizontal reflection and trajectory, I think that would solve that.

I still advocate that Mass Rez Mercy was still the better choice, vs Valkyrie mercy. Just because of what the new Valkyrie Mercy does:

• Pocket mercy.
  • Playing out of position.
  • Single Target Rez.
  • Vendetta mercy (while shes ulting).
  • Pistol’s accuracy needs considerable “fall off” and damage reduction.

What I have always thought for Mass Rez:

• Player’s rez’d receive 25% of their baseline health back.
  • Players Rez’d receive a penalty of 25-30% of their ultimate ability’s progress.
  • Any player Rez’d would have their abilities Placed on Cool down.

I think that would have solved that “surge” issue, where once she ulted. Everyone was just coming off of all their cool downs and that was the game breaker for “final cart pushes” and holding a CP, which is what folks had an issue with. Which is why I would still say justified changes on that. Nobody liked “hide and rez”.

Plus with removing “single target rez” it would require healers to play WITH THE WHOLE TEAM and not just their friends. Since this current state of Mercy promotes Selfish gameplay, and causes throwing.

Great news. Didn’t want any of that even considered going through.

Just sayin, Dva’s a lot more fun to play with her mobility. Maybe 3 seconds could be just fun enough? :eyes: :heart:

I find it kind pointless though. Even with the current live duration I don’t even utilize it fully most of the time and any time spent flying means more time spent as not being helpful for the team.

It definitely can be used like that and initially I noticed that’s exactly what I was doing. 4 seconds total isn’t typically optimal to use the entirety of.

3 seconds gives options while not being too strong. I’d like to see it eventually.

It would be honestly as pointless as any other metric people use to insult and belittle people’s opinion on the forums. You can have 100 hours in a game mode by being mostly afk in the corner if you avoid getting banned. or you could legitimtly play and just do very poorly on one hero.

So the next metric you’d want is hero’s played… win rate and every thing else. And lets be honest it wouldn’t be “Oh they are amazing and I respect their opinion”. Much like public profiles the only reason people even look is to say they are wrong and worthless because of said stats.

It’s basically confirmation bias, people just go looking for a reason to say they are right when pulling up a profile.

1 Like

I think a lower cd on the boosters would be better than a higher duration. Being able to dive onto a target and fly away again before you die is more useful than flying farther.