šŸ”’ experimental mode suggestion: third person mode

What will be the purpose of this mode then ? Like skirmish or a 6v6 QP in 3rd person ?

6v6 QP yupā€¦ Will be funā€¦

Just saying it wonā€™t be because attackers will be at a huge disadvantage no matter the game mode and Iā€™m pretty sure it all sounds nice on paper but in practice people will not like it

On the contrary I think everyone heard it loud and clear.

Why not just speak up, use your voice (in a textual manner) and clearly enunciate our loud for all to hear (via words) that you donā€™t think 3rd person camera for certain heroes is fair.

Yes we test it on experimental card first to see if itā€™s popular/likedā€¦ If it is make it arcade modeā€¦

Sounds like fun if itā€™s on a button toggle.

Iā€™d also like the toggle to work on Brig when she holds her barrier up. Occasionally a bulky teammate will be behind me in the exact spot needed to completely fill up my screen.

1 Like

I highly doubt they will make something so unfair and put time to fix every heroes abilities and scopes to adjust the 3rd person but well whatever

They made Total Mayhem so why notā€¦ Even if itā€™s wonky itā€™s still cool to have as a modeā€¦
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It doesnā€™t favour one side. Both sides have equal scaling in term of abilities and stuff

Ok then make it comp ruleset so both attackers/defenders play there job doneā€¦

I doubt alot of people will play it then, even if they like 3rd person but well good luck I guess

Well that is why we test it in experimental first to see if its popularā€¦ Make changes/iterationsā€¦ Etcā€¦

You brought up the fairness thing not meā€¦ I dont see why it is the end of the world in an exp/arcade modeā€¦
After all Deathmatch isnt fair tooā€¦

Woops I had you confused with the Berkut guy my bad lolā€¦

Iā€™m just reading between the lines :man_shrugging:t2:

Or rather this specific line [quote=ā€œĘ•lÄø-2818, post:7, topic:513670ā€]
So Brig and Rein and Ball are unbalancedā€¦
[/quote]
But if thereā€™s literally nothing beyond the surface of ā€œletā€™s make everyone third person to look at skinsā€, I donā€™t care. I like the skins, but itā€™s not why I play the game. Iā€™d be prefer if the devs didnā€™t spend their time on it cos I donā€™t really like 3rd person/over the shoulder shooters and feel FPSā€™s are more engaging when Iā€™m doing the shoots. I tolerate it on Rein/Ball/Brig as trying to work out where you shield/ball form extends too wouldnā€™t work out (even if we donā€™t turn the screen blue and cover up a quarter of it with their fat armoured hands/whatever a hamster in a ball experience/).

Actually, what I would like is to make my gun/hand semi-transparent so a third of my screen isnā€™t clogged up by my gun.

Canā€™t you view you character and skins in third person mode while doing emotes?

Just emote. job done.

Wait you can just emote? I guess this idea is totally pointless thenā€¦
:roll_eyes:

Yesā€¦ This is a good ideaā€¦ Source games let me do fov_viewmodel 100ā€¦ And transparent gunā€¦ It felt so niceā€¦

I get that third person isnt for youā€¦ But some of us like itā€¦ It would require minimal dev time to fix the minor clipping issuesā€¦

Nothing says FPS likeā€¦ thirdā€¦ personā€¦

Behold the double jebait!

First you thought this thread was locked, then you got fooled by the necro!

5 Likes

This isnā€™t a pure FPS, you have already got many heroes that operate in third person

Why not try it?

Code: FZ2R2

It works, but it also demonstrates that 3rd person isnt that simple - the camera is kinda horrible and animations are terrible. The devs would need to invest some real time in making it good, which is why it wouldnt be an EXP card :slight_smile:

Found here: