Experimental Mode Recap – July 27

Glad to hear it. Experimental Moira seems less balanced than the Live version. Also happy to hear the Genji nerfs will be going through. Can’t wait to see what the next Experimental Card is(prays for Symmetra buffs).

2 Likes

Same I’m genuinely disappointed as both the beam and orb changes were healthy for the hero.

Agreed.

11 Likes

Hmmmm, like making it only be a Cleanse, but it can cleanse Earthshatter.

That way DoubleOffTank has a counter for BioNade and Earthshatter.

1 Like

Many Genji mains want to nerf his spread and revert the fire rate.

Damage nerf also received mixed thoughts.

But again, most were Genju mains that said this.

1 Like

How do we know this wont end on another Sym 3.0 rework fiasco? Those are very similar words to that of the Sym 3.0 rework.

Reworking heroes to make them fairer for their counters to play into is bound to become a failed rework.

10 Likes

Honestly the beam and the Orb changes was breathe of fresh air, as it made her skillful… I am quite disappointed that that part didn’t made it to the live server.

However, the Genji’s changes are well needed.

12 Likes

Yep. Moira felt considerably more dynamic and enjoyable on Experimental with those changes. It also felt considerably less frustrating to play AGAINST.

BIG Agree. :100:

2 Likes

glad to see this effectively means there is exactly 1 patch.

very fast aggresive balancing

1 Like

Likely not enough duration to escape Grav

1 Like

It just nerfed her anti-flanker role for no real gain other that an absurdly niche utility that doesnt even work like people think it does (doesnt counter most tank ults for example, not enough duration vs grav, doesnt cleanse stuns, etc)… and we all know how that ended with other heroes like Sym.

If they had buffed the beam damage/healing in exchange of less beam hitbox then sure. But just outright nerfing the one thing that she was made for with no compensation within that same role was a poor decision.

3 Likes

Me and my fellow weebs who didnt like this change

4 Likes

Top tier balance right there. Overbuff a hero to make him op and dont revert his changes to before buffs which he was decent.

No, they’re not. They’re the wrong ones which will make him trash. We needed ult charge increase, spread reverts and deflect duration revert. I’d literally give away all 4 buffs to keep the firerate with the old spread.

7 Likes

Unfortunate, would have actually been a healthy change for the hero provided her kit was rebalanced around it in terms of cooldown and her overall survivability.

Thank you devs for this followup it’s really good of you to be so transparent.
Hopefully this post teaches the community to be a little smarter and more reserved with their responses to experimental hero changes.

2 Likes

I agree, especially with the part in terms of “less frustrating” to play against. People had to aim more so with her, both Grasp and Orb.

3 Likes

I am fine with that- in which I was one of the few that advocate the Fade changes, while leaving it at 6 seconds.

It was a fair trade in my opinion Note: I said in my opinion. But I am interested to see how they will change her in the next PTR.

1 Like

Except her beam isn’t the pinnacle of what’s making her anti flanker. They could nerf its DPS to 20 and she’d still be anti flanker because she has heal orb, damage orb, high heals, and fade. Healing, peeling, and mobility make someone anti-flanker as well. Just look at Mercy, during Mercy + Zen dive she was the anti-flanker peel support for her Zen and Widow.

Or how Brig can be anti-flanker from across the map by throwing armor packs on people, etc.

1 Like

Most of Genji mains wanted his efforts to be rewarded, but these buffs made him too easy to get value so some of us wanted reverts and some nerfs to compensate like increasing his ult charge, but instead, we get a nerf to fluidity that literally happened 6 months ago.

6 Likes

But its certainly an important part.

Look I prefer low damage anti-mobility damage to be the to-go mobility counter that hard CC+burst that just counters inmobile heroes harder.

Being able to punish bad dives should be a part of the character instead of flankers becoming even more ‘‘low risk high reward, let me press my get out of jail button’’.

3 Likes

And your efforts will still be rewarded with the changes.

Like you tell every other main,

“Adapt and overcome. If you can’t, then counterpick”

Cheers.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

Personally, I would prefer if Genji’s damage was kept at 30 per shuriken, and the spread on his right click was reverted to its state before the buff. The narrower spread on the right click shurikens allows Genji to get all three shurikens into the enemy’s head from mid-range, which he shouldn’t be able to do.

Genji is all about finding a way to close the distance - if he can get right on top of the enemy hitscan or other squishy, he wins the duel. If he fails to close the distance and is forced to play at mid-range, that enemy hitscan has the advantage. That’s how Genji was originally played, and that’s how I think he should remain.

The damage increase per shuriken compensated for overall burst damage and burst healing increasing in the game over time. It was a good change. The change to his right click spread allows Genji to get kills and value while playing out of position, and should be reverted.