Experimental Mode – Soldier: 76 Recoil

still i can point to fps games i played before CoD.
i mean cod still does have a long lineage but to me it doesn’t seem like it :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s to me like saying you’re a perfect dark veteran when there was a game called goldeneye that was on the same console but it was it’s predecessor.

both old, but one is slightly newer so it gets refered to the newer version of it :smiley:

it’s the typical old guy thing to say.

there’s gonna be the cod veteran, and then there’s the cs veteran being all uppity and then comes the doom multiplayer guy being the most obnoxious of them all :smiley: you guys with your up and down aiming, in my days it was only left to right.

and then the contra guy comes in :smiley:

1 Like

I always wanted this I hope this goes to live, it makes him feel so good to play.

1 Like

Of course not. Those heroes need to hit to be viable. I would boost Ash and Soldier.

What do you mean off your hard drive? What did you move it to?

Please, don’t put this to live :cry:

I hate recoil…

If you want to buff soldier, keep the mag increased and make him reload while sprinting, no need more.

And this go against the power creep nerf recently… just saying…

6 Likes

sooo musky peppermints that grandma accidentally sat on? xp

1 Like

so having actually tried it now…

still not a fan (at least not without compensatory nerfs)…on top of how different it makes soldier “feel”…the recoil is hardly noticeable…without the spread this is a ginormous buff to him and his damage…which was supposed to be steady but not totally persistent…its now pretty easy to unload a stream of damage in (and not particularly hard to get used to)

like someone above said…its basically a long range laser now…IF this is the route they want to take him i dont think he can keep his current damage output

Please keep the changes. Only Pharah mains are crying about it. Soldier is finally reliable and able to add value to the team. This change was long due.

2 Likes

I gotta say it’s impossible to get a feel for this change because he’s just so overpowered without the spread. He needs a damage nerf if they’re gonna go this route, otherwise this is just more powercreep that the game doesn’t need.

2 Likes

He still needs to aim which doesn’t make him overpowered. I was playing it and got owned many time by Sombra and McCree.

1 Like

I hope they keep it too, I don’t know why some people want rng in a game thats supposed to be competitive

2 Likes

I do not like it. I play on a console and recoil is much harder to deal with here given the sticks are not as precise as a mouse. Played this change and while it was ok fighting big tanks for the most part, trying to track flyers or fast characters was nearly impossible. When I play soldier, it’s for mid range attacks, extra team healing when healers die, and taking out Bastions. Also a lot of peaking out from behind cover where I have already lined up my shots, which recoil negates. If we need long distance, there are already options.

4 Likes

Omg omg omg omg omg

I can’t wait to test this

1 Like

I simple fix that would make this tolerable for PC vs console and low vs high end players is to make the recoil only start after the first 3 bullets…then there is no change to the burst style shooting but still a buff for those who can control recoil on auto.

mmmm the forum is full of salt. that’s how you know the change is good.

3 Likes

hello developer, Widowmaker still needs nerfs. Thanks!

I like it in principle, it’s one of those things that distinguishes Soldier, especially from bastion in recon mode.

But this is going to make Soldier’s ultimate seem even less special as you may be hitting just as fast with that ult but it’s just the “no headshot mode engaged”.

This seems unnecessary, zero spread is enough of a buff in itself.

Also there’s the bug of the last few rounds in the magazine are silent for some weird reason.

If anything the ammo change should be the OPPOSITE way and reduce the ammo capacity to 20 rounds because you can “mag dump” a whole clip into DVA’s crit-box and wipe her out in even 20 shots.

1 Like

I like the change since it gives more control to the player rather than just randomness.

1 Like

So after some more games, my kill rate did actually improve but def took some getting used to. So this isn’t as bad as I initially thought and would be fine if it went through. Still would like the first three shots without recoil for burst firing.

1 Like

Have you ever played Solider before? You do know you can control the spread right?

Not reloading while sprinting also is not an issue. It would only be a quality of life change. Not an actual buff. You sprint to get into position. You are not sprinting during a fight. You can also sprint, jump, reload and then sprint again. Losing little speed.