Experimental Mode – Moving the Meta with Hero Updates

For those who are rewarded by actually hitting their hooks

4 Likes

LMAO dont let hog buffs go live he can 1 shot with bodyshot

4 Likes

They haven’t. Atleast not for 96% of the playerbase. The one that’s been meta for a year are Rein and Zar.

18 Likes

Neither of them need a rework. Sigmas shield is so versatile you can play double barrier with both Orisa and Rein but Orisa + Rein together is a bad combo because they lack the area control of off tanks which Sigma does not. Wreck Sigmas shield even more, buff other parts of his kit and then Orisa is free to have more shield hp again.

1 Like

? No? Sigma Orisa has been meta in Contenders, OWL and masters + for the past year buddy

1 Like

Forums

OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – AUGUST 6, 2020

Announcements

/

Josh Nash

17 posts

Community Manager

27m

Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – August 6, 2020

A new patch is now live on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

EXPERIMENTAL MODE

The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some balance updates focused on shifting away from a barrier-heavy meta. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Brigitte

General

• Base health lowered from 200 to 150

Inspire

• Total healing decreased from 130 to 90 (Healing reduced from 21 to 15 health per second)
  • Self-healing is no longer reduced by half

Orisa

General

• Base armor reduced from 250 to 200

Halt!

• Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
  • Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30

Pharah

Hover Jets

• Movement speed increased 20%
  • Regeneration rate reduced from 50 to 35 per second

Barrage

• Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Roadhog

Scrap Gun

• (General) Ammo reduced from 6 to 5
  • (General) Damage per projectile increased from 6 to 7
  • (General) Recovery increased from 0.7 to 0.85 seconds

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Health reduced from 900 to 700
  • Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second

Kinetic Grasp

• Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

Symmetra

Photon Projector

• (Primary Fire) Delay before losing charge increased from 2 to 4 seconds

Teleporter

• Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction

• (Secondary Fire) Charge rate increased 15% (0.6 down to 0.52 seconds per orb)
  • (Secondary Fire) Rate of fire increased from 8.5 to 9 shots per second
3 Likes

Most of this seems agreeable but those Sigma nerfs are outrageous. Is this the limit? Is this the nerf that actually ends the double barrier meta rather than making Orisa and Sigma even more dependent on each other? Of course, by then they will be utterly useless when paired with other tanks.

Why not just increase each main tanks’ barrier HP but make it so that multiple main tanks present on a team will decrease the maximum HP of each hero’s barrier? Then Sigma and other barrier tanks can be played with an off-tank without making double barrier too strong.

2 Likes

But he didn’t need it hahaha. There are games where I hit a disgusting amount of hooks. He has no decent team synergy, and his gun on its own can be like rolling dice (outside of point blank left clicking tanks) because of the random spread. This doesn’t do anything meaningful for him :frowning:

3 Likes

The duality of man >_>

6 Likes

Relax people! Its Experimental!

3 Likes

not a fan of the way they nerfed orisa but the other changes seem interesting.

Whilst I am all for trying out different things to see how they work out but if these changes go live. More people will be switching from tanks to dps and trust me you do not want tank players playing dps. Most of them cannot aim to save their lives. Also expect a much higher queue time if you are going to queue in as dps. The open role comp already has everyone selecting 4-5 dps and a heal or tank. Now expect 5-6 dps every time. Which of course will increase toxicity since everyone will hard lock dps and ask others to play tanks and heals and no one will be willing to do so, Expect a lot of angry folks in your games now. These changes would have been good if the overall power creep would have been reduced but with the high power creep and nerfs to tanks, we can only expect more people to play dps. I do want to see double shield meta gone but this way, all I see is current tank players leaving OW.

1 Like

No, I will be outraged and that’s final

4 Likes

It’s real nice to see barriers have less sustainability, though Widowmaker, Ashe and Hanzo will need to be heavily nerfed to compensate

4 Likes

dude just fix genji plzzzzzzzzzzz, blade bot is so boring

8 Likes

And they have absolutely nothing to do with ladder.

This was during doubleshield meta at the end of last year.

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/ugilR01.jpg

This was at the end of January, a month after the shield nerfs

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/FntGBqg.jpg

This is the beginning of march, a month after Orisa’s second batch of nerfs.

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/7CXrsFu.jpg

This is now

h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/d2Y36OX.jpg

Doubleshield only starts at Masters (3% of the playerbase) and GrandMasters (1% of playerbase) and even then, their winrates are questionable until Top500 and OWL. Diamonds atleast resembles the rest of ladder.

When people see the difference between ranks, most express surprise at the difference between Diamond and Masters and even remark that they practically play a different game from the ones just one rank up.

10 Likes

I’m saying they aren’t solving the actual problems this way. They’re just nerfing heroes into the trash or buffing broken heroes to absurdly overpowered levels.

They need to look at reworking or redesigning certain abilities to fix the game. Making changes you could have done in the Workshop ain’t going to cut it.

2 Likes

Unsure why Sigma and Orisa were nerfed again as Reinhardt/Ana were finally balancing out

what they did here is the only right path: balancing around pro play and not f ing quickplay andys or people below gm that think rein and orisa are equaly as good

also brig will still be A or S tier cos she is a design flaw and will never be bad

honestly i really wish you would try 1-3-2 roadhog but at least roadhog is being looked at because he really is in a terrible place

2 Likes

I don’t know if you understood this or not but the change makes it so that she has 200hp (including armor).

2 Likes