Experimental Mode – Hero Balance March 2021

Glad to see buffs for Sigma and Mei :relaxed:

2 Likes

can we give doomfist anything?
a buff? a revert? a bug fix?

a hero left in the dust :frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you Blizzard :pray: a well derserved buff to her that feels so much better than before. Now I can stay in the air longer and keep in the fight and less touching ground to refuel. Feels way better :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank’s for keeping us updated Josh! Overall good changes, here’s my thoughts on each one.

Genji:

I don’t think the fire rate is enough of a buff to justify the 15% charge nerf. We’re talking about a <10% damage buff with all of the same breakpoints. [Edit: After testing can confirm it’s even worse than I thought, it’s a really big ult nerf for negligible damage increase.]

Mei:

Love it, she’ll be a very strong pick in brawl comps.

Pharah:

It’s impossible to overstate how big this change is, permanent flight is back and it’s amazing.

Reaper:

It’s good that he’s getting the last experimental’s damage values, he should feel a lot better to play. It’s noteworthy that the lifesteal is still going to be a fair bit lower than pre spread changes, I’d like to see it go from 30% to 35%.

Sigma:

This one is scary but I think it’s justified, will have to test it. [Edit: After testing it seems like it’s still a big enough window but it’s noticible vs rush.]

Zarya:

Great change that she’s needed for a while, fully approve.

6 Likes

we better be looking at mcmeme nerfs soon

2 Likes

Most of these changes raise the question: Why?
The only really understandable, but still not needed change here is the Sigma buff.

Genji is in a rough spot, Mei is also in a bit of a rough spot, Pharah felt bad after her last nerfs (despite the fact that it was supposed to be a buff), Reaper should have never had his damage nerfed to 5.5, Sig felt too clunky, and Zarya is oppressive in ranked as well as being a bit too good in dive comps.

Maybe next experiment, but I am happy they gave buffs to under performing heroes like Mei, Reaper, Pharah

4 Likes

We want her to be targetable for GA :sweat:

9 Likes

I love how lots of other projectile heroes that are struggling got buffed but doom didn’t…

YO THESE ARE NICE WHAT? good job devs

3 Likes

Very happy about the Sigma changes, It’s still visible nerf from the previous version, but these 0,5 secs bring back a lot of flexibility, Great patch guys

3 Likes

Nani will be so happy.

1 Like

I don’t think these buffs will help us to escape Rein-Zarya Jail from Master to Bronze, they are not enough. Once again devs just care of GM players and OWL…

2 Likes

Thank you dev team so much for the genji buff

overall good except the zarya nerf I don;t think that is neccessary and I wish they reverted the ball nerf

Wot? Experimentals are usually posted in general chat.

1 Like

This is a pretty solid experimental update

Uhm… boring.

They could legit ninja ship half of these changes without telling us and most people wouldn’t even feel a difference.

And you call that experimental mode?

2 Likes

Poor Roadhog, being ignored in the back of the group