Experiment time?

more of what does ice wall collision mean, and less what they’re gonna do with it

wdym

But that’s exactly what they want in this situation, is it not? Whether or not 3-2-1 is enjoyable depends completely on if people enjoy or dislike the matches they’re getting.

Also, in the past it was just three dots… “Dislike, neutral, like” or whatnot. An actual feedback form would probably go a long way as opposed to, well, echo chambers (forums, reddit) and small social circles (Direct developer feedback)

1 Like

I agree with this, altho I could see maybe if 1-3-2 could be better balanced out, a way to shuffle RQ in comp every now and then. Like 1 week you could have 2-2-2, the other 1-3-2 or whichever formats in the long run that’s viable. Either that, or making it a gamemode in arcade.

2 Likes

Jeff - my biggest concern with the experimental card is that its cool but in devoting resources to balance questions etc. this is just drawing away frankly from more important and lasting changes. Is this system more about “field testing” changes for OW 2’s PVE mechanics that could be in PVP one day, or to see what’s popular?

People on here really want a new character since its been almost 6 months since the last, and literally no word on when the next is expected but we get development and temporary things like this… it just feels… off? I mean, its exciting, but … there is the core game we need to consider…

EDIT: would you please please consider pushing up the in-game guild system over a pan-game system, and making Doom, Mei and Bastion tanks?

Pretty random yeah…

2 Likes

I mean I have been playing it pretty much nonstop since it landed and it still feels horrible for every support/ tank that isn’t Reinhardt, Zarya, Mercy, and Lucio

DPS feels super fun though, but totally braindead and without though

1 Like

Wouldn’t work. Stacking tank abilities would make them overly oppressive. It’s the exact problem with double shields that got orisa and sigma both nerfed into the ground

1 Like

lets say you put a mei wall on an elevated position, the whole wall goes on the attitude, perhaps the change is that the wall will now follow the ground, so lets say you put it ontop of a car, 2-3 pillars will be on the car, the rest will be to the side, leaving no ground clearance

I’m right there with you. I honestly see no downside to 1-3-2 as long as its balanced properly. It makes dps happy with shorter queues, it makes tanks happy (at least the good ones) with stronger tanks and a whole role selection to themselves. I just think buff a few of the supports to make them happy and then everyone’s happy. No downside.

2 Likes

idk i think making the tank category as a whole more appealing would work more

that and adding more heroes to both tank and support categories

the only problem with only few tanks being op, is that only those would be run

if more were op (or at least, very good) more people would play as them

but you guys know much more than any of us do

5 Likes

All would have to be tweaked and toned down for sure, but if all tanks are somewhat viable and had their tradeoffs not every game would be double barrier. Every 2 tank composition should be viable in my opinion.

Would be pretty cool if we could leave written feedback ingame for experimental, yeah

you know so many feedback of that would be “It sucks, remove it”

oh, makes sense

Want to give Symmetra a golden glove on the experimental card? Can’t blame a guy for trying

Someone needs to get off their high horse…

6 Likes

Please make this an Arcade mode at least. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you taking my 3 big pillars with a little more HP instead of 5 thinner ones suggestion? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sounds great on paper but doesn’t work. It requires all the tanks to be even more watered down to make up for the abilities further destroying the power fantasy that the tank role is supposed to be about. Also you can’t make them all work without creating super synergies that would make particular comps to strong. Resulting in even more nerfs.

Also, the Hog changes to his Take a breather really help him bring value to the team instead of being a glorified DPS. Can this make it to 2/2/2?

3 Likes