Expected Results From Reporting Players

Continuing the discussion from Player Behavior in Overwatch:

See, the problem is, they have probably had a similar experience to my own.

When you report both a team mate and an enemy for dropping the hard R , racially charged n-Bomb, and the homophobic F-bomb on you repeatedly because they want to be trolls, you kinda expect to be greeted with a “thank you for reporting” message sooner rather than later.

But when you don’t see that message, it feels like a waste of your time.

3 Likes

Just dab on the report system

I generally don’t report a whole lot, but it’s pretty consistent when I do that i see the notification that actions were taken within the next couple days.

Not me. It seems like theyre waiting for multiple despite what the proof in the chat is.
Meanwhile they encourage eachother to report you for playing an off meta pick.

1 Like

Remember when Jeff wanted to embarrass somebody and show off that person’s 4K reports against him?

Your reports are taken into account but Blizzard will get to it Soon™.

literally getting thank you for reporting msgs every other day. I think it’s just the matter of time and also maybed the player uve reported literally had one moment of weakness and said that. Maybe it didnt happen anymore and he only got like 2 reports.

2 Likes

I only report people when it’s something pretty hecking bad. I’ve never gotten one of the “thank you” messages. So I dunno.

reports don’t do anything… unless the person you report is playing a hero that isn’t meta. in which case they’ll get banned right away no questions asked

3 Likes

I was surprised to see at least one “Thank you” message pop daily for the past week, now I know why.

Before the devs locked that thread, I mentioned that the reporting system doesn’t work. Had more likes than the original post.

All posts deleted and thread locked. :neutral_face:

I was wondering why when quoted it said it was continuing from another thread? But not any more.

I have no idea what a Pepe thread is, but
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What was the original thread about?

I mean, you quoted it. Shouldn’t you know? :neutral_face:

Its just that post, I was not aware there had ever been posts on it before. I Was under the impression you meant it started as one, they responded, then removed everything but their post.

It was open so people could respond and a few did, but then they closed it. It wasn’t meant for discussion-- they were just talking at us and quite frankly that thread didn’t say anything I didn’t already know.

Oh, what was my post? Basically this:

No wonder the community is so bad. Reporting doesn’t do anything. :disappointed:

1 Like

Ah, makes sense now.