Exclusives should stay exclusive!

And why not?

How about making OWL skins not exclusive, but the skins from past years are only avalible for like one day if team those was designed for win OWL?

1 Like

Exclusives by and large should remain so, but also offer alternatives. Bring back the 2018 skins, just do a tiny edit to colors or something to make it recognizable as not the original. I can’t help but think of CCG like Magic the Gathering in this aspect.

An original rare card might be worth hundreds, a 6th edition reprint is worth pennies. Both still work and you can visibly tell the different but it gives players the ability to have the card and Wizards of the coast the ability to make money.

This is the part I find bad about exclusives in OW. You are taking something that could make Blizzard money and players happy and keeping it away to keep people who have already spent the money and possibly left he game happy. Limited time offers might drive a few sales at the time but long term more people would of bought the 2018 skins if they had been available.

Never mind the fact this whole “exclusive content” aspect just drives people away from the game. After all if you weren’t arround from day 1 you don’t matter, so why join a live service game late? It’s even worse in games where there are actual game play advantages to some of those rewards.

Special mounts, pets, weapons etc that you can’t get any where else given out in previous years that new players simply can’t have.

4 Likes

well sombra skin was promised to be selled in 2019 ( i have it already)

Wrong thread my friend.
But let me guide you to your desired thread.

1 Like

Or this one, where customer service said they weren’t coming back and OP still made a thread about wanting them back.

Because I believe that everything should be available to everyone regardless of Platform, Region, or Time.

Because Making things exclusive is just a lazy way for a company to make their product desirable.
Don’t want a PS4? Well, I guess you can’t play Spider-Man then.
You want Borderlands 3? Better use Epic.
Want these cool Overwatch skin? Well I hope you’ve been watching OWL religiously and/or have $20 to spend on them, and also they’ll be gone forever if you don’t hurry.

6 Likes

I could definitely stand behind this.
They could do the same with a pink mercy, just not as super mega nice as the real pink mercy.
So you see, who actually supported the charity and was there when he was needed (during charity)

2 Likes

All of that sounds like petty reasons to not want them existing. Does 11 skins not being available for everyone out of 498 really upset you that badly? It’s a viable strategy that makes money whether people like it or not.

1 Like

Take away the sound affects and special animations/colored beams and boom, legendary skin that is on par with the rest

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my season 1-15 top 500 animated spray! Even thought i’m just a plat pleb.

Honestly the Overwatch skins don’t bother me that much. Its exclusivity in abstract that I am Ideologically opposed to. Locking content behind a product or service is just as shady as Lootboxes.

1 Like

Was also thinking this, also. Not sure if it would include the player icon.

For pink mercy definitely not!
Since they where like 15$ + charity help goodwill

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Exclusivity is fine in general and it is a legitimate business practice that I personally just don’t find to be shady at all.

1 Like

OWL tokens are a source of revenue for them, so I wouldn’t be surprised if these “exclusives” become available again in the future for some kind of “special event”.

That’s different. that’s a trophy based on actual achievement. I’m talking about things that you want, but are tied to buying other things you don’t actually want in order to get them.

1 Like

I actualy dont get that strategy to well (locking most of people from buying for sure not gona make that good cash over time, more would give them realising stuff for short time after every longer time of locking it away), but they do what they like to.

2 Likes

Its exclusive content.
Regardless how you earn it.

Same for the 2018 skins.

You had to, lets call it achieve, a successfull login onto overwatch + 20$ or 400 token.you can’t achieve this, you don’t get the rewards.

Locking something behind a wall will make people spend the money next time an exclusive item comes out because they know it isn’t coming back. The small amount of people turned off by the exclusivity of it that won’t buy anything because they won’t have “a full collection” or bc of the idea in general won’t really matter compared to all of the people that will buy them because they know.

1 Like

you cant buy your way to top 500. that’s the difference.