Exciting OWL News

We did have one of the most diverse games being played at the grand final. Doom, Reaper, Mei, Bastion and Pharah being the dps. Still followed the same kinda meta but it was definitely more flexible.

2 Likes

The biggest plus of Role Q is that people can play what they want, that is the entire purpose of it.

The devs are the only ones that can come up with a reasonable solution.

1 Like

Your comment doesn’t make sense. Pre-role queue, players could literally play whatever hero and role they wanted. Role queue is a restriction, not a freedom. You can queue for whatever role you want, sure, but you are restricted once you get in the match.

Role queue enforces 2-2-2 creating a restriction and more balanced team comps.

No, absolutely not. It’s the devs job to balance the roster. It’s the players responsibility learn new roles and heroes.

The fact that players complain everyday about long DPS queues is a failure to adapt to the changes to the game, and it’s a flawed player mentality.

1 Like

It’s called filling, people felt the need to play heroes they didn’t want to to make the team typically resemble the 2-2-2 format. People wanted Role Q so they could play the roles they want, so saying “Those who filled prior to 2-2-2 will come back and fill” ruins a main point of Role Q.

Those that complained about their teams comps prior to 2-2-2 refused to adapt by flexing.

I hope new teams join the League for 2020.

THE DEVS HAVE SAID- IN THE DEV TRACKER- THAT THEY HAVE A SEPARATE TEAM FOR DOING THINGS INVOLVING OVERWATCH LEAGUE.

Overwatch League was announced in 2016!!!
Overwatch came out in 2016! It just took a while to build up.

Please quit with your biased bull**** and accept the fact that, just because you don’t like OWL, doesn’t mean that the game is suddenly dying.

The game is receiving balance changes, not entirely aimed at OWL. That’s how “balance” works, it has to be “balanced”. Crazy concept, I know.

Don’t believe me? Go read the full quote for an example.
Or look at the Dev comments on nerfing Torbjorn so that he was less dominant in lower elos.
Or any of the other hundreds of examples of the Devs explaining changes and saying “We did this for X reason”, where X was NOT OWL.

2 Likes

there would then be no money coming in from Overwatch. OWL is a cash cow.

People don’t buy many lootboxes because countries are banning them and players have already got most items in the game by now.

You remove OWL and the development will get worse. There would be no incentives for Blizzard management to keep pouring money into the game.

1 Like

Nobody is talking about OWL grand finals though that’s the problem.

No new articles like DOTA 2 international of Forbes or anything big.

Ah yes. The OWL scapegoat comment. Didn’t have to scroll down too far to find it.

They’re being banned because it’s a greedy business model that preys on gambling addictions inherent to a lot of players. Blizzard could try actually putting quality stuff back in the game and getting money via microtransactions for skins, like many other games do, but they’re sticking with the greedy way, and then forsaking decent development.

People have always complained about micro transactions. No matter what they do, players will complain.

The only way they can get rid of OWL and still make profit from OW would be to create a PVE expansion that could somehow keep itself alive and require minimal developer resources.

Get rid of loot boxes, put in the ability to directly buy credits or whatever, and still make money while not relying purely on OWL and forsaking game balance and proper development because of it.

As was already pointed out to you, this already doesn’t happen.

I don’t get how some people think that the OWL/Marketing/PR people are the same people designing heroes.

Like, I get it, you’re upset about the balance changes, but OWL literally has nothing to do with that.

Money coming in certainly does directly impact the game’s development or lack thereof. I get that the PR people aren’t the ones designing heroes, but to think OWL doesn’t directly impact the state of the game is wrong.

I want to play dps, I have 1 hour of playtime on an average day. My top500 queue times are at least 40 minutes at the time I play.

No I do not get to play what I want. I play stuff I dont want or I’m maybe lucky to get 1 game

You’re right. More money means more can be invested into good development. Again, as it was pointed out to you, taking it away would just slow everything down and make it worse, not better.

So tell me why do you hate it so much?

1 Like

All 3 of them.

Unless there’s gonna be tiddys on stream you can’t get me excited for OWL.

oH, tHiS pAtCh ChAnGeD mY hErO aNd I gOt OuTpLaYeD sO tHe CoMpAnY dOeSn’T kNoW wHaT iT’s DoInG aNd ThE gAmE iS dYiNg bEcAuSe StReAmEr SaId AnD oWl iS tO bLaMe :woozy_face:

I hear ya, Pumpkin. Next round’s on me. After you. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

not strictly true. Sombra has had a terrible pickrate and winrate in all tiers but is incredibly strong in the pro scene and she was still nerfed hard recently.

the pro scene is holding Sombra back.