Everytime hanzo kills me

Widow doesn’t need to do it either and she deals even more damage than him.

That’s why lvl 50(excluding smurfs) below people can easily pick and master him within 2-3 games?

That’s why an average Hanzo player can dominate a good widowmaker because he’s not easy to play?

Are you trying to say that he takes same amount of skill as other high skill heroes?

hanzos arrows are just as big as genjis. Yet genji is worshipped as a ultra high super sk1llz hero while hanzo is called cheesy and easy.

1 Like

He was one of my few mains before they buffed him. The buff to the projectile speed was made to make his arrows easier to hit. In turn it did, but they should have scaled back the hitbox size in return. It turned a more skillful shot into an easier less aimed shot. Since his buff, I play him less because he feels less rewarding. I feel most hanzos I come across now in a game just started playing him since his buff and are just abusing his spam and easiness of reward.

1 Like

We must have very different definitions of what it means to master a hero. Consistently headshotting people takes a lot more than 2-3 games to achieve, which is the topic at hand.

A lot of heroes can dominate a good Widowmaker because she’s not a duelist, she’s a pure sniper. She has maps where she’s incredibly strong and compositions she works better with.

In Widowmaker’s ideal world, she’s far away from the fight and can just headshot the Hanzo. In this scenario, Widowmaker also has the upperhand since it’s a lot easier for her with her scope to kill the Hanzo than it is for him to land a small projectile on a distant target miles away.

Also you provided no evidence whatsoever that this statement of yours is actually the case.

That depends on your definition of skill.

In terms of aiming, yes Hanzo is right up there. He is the type of hero that has an incredibly high skill roof because you will always do more damage by headshotting consistently and that means you can always improve your performance by getting better at aiming by improving your accuracy. There is no such thing as a perfect game of Hanzo.

But I get the feeling your definition of skill is power level. So if a hero is considered overpowered, it doesn’t take the same amount of “skill” as an underpowered hero. And this is a sound logic—after all, if a hero is underpowered, you would have to work more to earn your wins.

My answer to this would be that skill has become an umbrella term in the Overwatch community branching together too many things. For example, it would be more accurate to say, “Is it as difficult to win with Hanzo as less meta heroes?” The answer to that would be no. But you’re not asking, “Does Hanzo take less mechanical skill to play than other heroes?”

Yet both of those fall into the broad category of “skill.” Ergo, there are different types of skill and they are all rated differently. Because while you blame Hanzo for being an easy meta pick, you don’t applaud people for picking non-meta heroes like pre-work Torbjörn either as a sign of skill.

There’s simply too many grey areas to accurately answer the question.

TFW ppl don’t learn even after months and months and months.

3 Likes

Youdo understand that nerfing hitboxes means nerfing every hero right? Its not like when using hanzo dva heads becomes larger. No her head hitbox is the same its just that projectile hitbox needs to only scrach it hitbox to become a hit. So yea they did nerf his hitboxes if thats what you mean

hanzo can fire anywhere and make a head shot.

1 Like

Arrows shouldn’t have a hitbox, but only a hitline or even a hitpoint. If this collides with an entity hitbox there is a hit.

The second bullsh!t are the hitboxes in general as they are bigger than the visual models. They should be a tiny bit smaller than that.

The killcam is not always 100% accurate.

3 Likes

I never feel like he deserved the kill.
It Always feels cheesy.

‘‘Oh he used sonic Arrow and shot his ult at me through the wall.’’
‘‘Oh, he missed the first 5 shots but the last one was a headshot’’
‘‘Oh, he was shooting at a team mate but he landed a headshot on me by accident’’

hanzo and genji has smallest projectile hitbox in game
not as small as hitscan but its still smaller than anyone else who has projectile hitbox

mercy and baby dva pistols have 2.5x times size than hanzo hitbox

this info was said by geoff himself

You know Hanzo is still one of the hardest heroes to headshot as widow because how small dot like head he has from miles away.

Well I suppose it’s junkrat who has the smallest projectile hitbox in the game right now.

This info was way before than junkrat’s projectile hitbox nerf.

I also had the exact same Idea the day before yesterday, but i think the bouncing arows seem way cooler in theory than they’d work in actual practice. They would have to buff those arrows (maybe just after they’d hit the wall) quite a bit so that you could hit anything. If you think of scatter, it should have been verry easy to hit enemys with two to three bounce offs since the projectile was essentially a cone, that had an ever-growing radius. Still you wouldn’t hit anything if you tried some simple geometry. Maybe the wall-surfaces were the problem, maybe it’s just harder than you’d think. But it definetly didnt work as the devs intended, I believe.
But I agree, the current storm-arrow is working okay, but is not quite fitting to Hanzo. It makes him to strong in front fights. He ought to be lurking and precise, if the player has great aim. He should also be beneffiting from map knowledge and reading the opponent more than others. Basically a Hero for the Hardcore-fps fan who dismissed Widdow becouse he dislikes camping. Maybe thats just my personal Interpreation (not to say Ideology if you didnt get suspecious yet and saw my filthy Hanzomain profile) , but I think thats the target group he was designed for; the narcistic/ perfectionistic Kill-Artist; and also the Position he would give the most to this game.

1 Like

they are just pissed off that all their cool buffs and skills will at some point fail against raw skill. Not understanding that some people put thousend of hours into handling the mouse with surgic precision and deserve the dominance they therefore gained in any fps shooter. Hanzo is just the most efficient outlet for that power, so they blame him and not the Players behind them.
Maybe Blizzard should force you to put some dedicated time in any charachter before you’re allowed to ranked. I think that’d increase tollerance and understanding of the game a lot.

1 Like

…if his arrow hits the head lol

No, hanzo might not be no skill, but he definitley isnt as hard to play as like, widowmaker, for example. He is much easier than widowmaker, or pretty much any hitscan. But he is not the no skill cheesy hero everyone makes him out to be.

Let me explain: it’s not Hanzo’s arrows it’s the head hitbox. You can check by yourself that even if you pick Widow or any other hero you’ll still hit the head even tho you clearly werent aiming at it.

We don’t know, but still they are among the smallest.