Everyone's saying Tracer doesn't age?

I’m confused, a lot of people say “Oh, gee, tracer doesn’t age because of the Slipstream accident” I don’t think this is true? I think she’s aging at a normal pace, and people are just confused with the timeline of overwatch. The slipstream accident happened when tracer was 19, a bit before the King’s Row uprising, making her the absolute youngest person in any overwatch facilities (Rein and Torb etc. are much older than her at the time) she is NOT the same age as all the other overwatch agents. She helped stop King’s Row 7 years ago when she was still 19, and 2 yrs later, overwatch was disbanded, and the events of the game happen 5 years after overwatch disbanded, meaning, the time between King’s Row/Slipstream has been 7 years, which puts her as 26 (her official page even states she’s 26), And she definitely has aged. It’s not hard to see that she’s aged a little bit from when she was 19, if you look at the origin story, etc., even so, people don’t really age that much between 19 and 26, so, what I’m trying to say, is, Tracer definitely does age and her Chronal Accelerator, as far as I know at least, doesn’t affect her age, Am I wrong? Because all the “evidence” I’ve heard so far of Tracer not aging has been chalked up to just theories

3 Likes

I think that when people say she isn’t aging normally they mean biologically rather than how many years it’s been since her birthday.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right - the head writer has even commented on this several times saying that Tracer ages normally and is not “stuck in time” as some people believe.

Even biologically, she does age normally.

2 Likes

Exactly. Even biologically, You can see the slight difference between the origin story and now

1 Like

It was mentioned that she has unique ageing properties.

Where was this mentioned? Do you have a source?

The wiki cites the source as somewhere in this video but it’s like 20 mins long and I can’t be bothered to search through it.

That was 1 statement though. Don’t forget we have Michael “Ana rolled her eyes” Chu in charge of the lore

Jeff Kaplan is the one saying Tracer aged differently. Michael Chu has consistently and frequently said Tracer ages normally.

What I’m saying is the devs aren’t even sure of their own lore at this point, and I’d rather go off of what’s been established for the past 4 years instead of 1 sentence Jeff Kaplan spewed in an interview. My comment wasn’t purely about Michael Chu, it was an example of how even the owners of the lore itself can forget it sporadically from time to time

1 Like

I can agree with that.

Huh?

Ana only has one eye. She can’t roll her eyes if eye exists only in the singular for her.