Every game that takes place in the ladder should be public knowledge

yeah, you’re answering a question that wasn’t asked. I already know that winning gains you SR. but how much?.. exactly…

Unfortunately you quoted the same thing twice, unless you did this on purpose I offer the same answer, you beat the other team.

There isn’t one way to do this, kinda the point of the game. Adapting to the situation offered to you and coming out on top.

2 Likes

no the second quote has the word “exactly” in it, the first one doesn’t

and how much SR is that worth?

The real question is how many posts will you be able to milk out of the question? Your post count of 8,000 isn’t going to get itself!

1 Like

Ah, I genuinely missed that, apologies.

So you want a giant bullet-point list of hundreds of variables like
User kills ulting Genji off of the objective = +2.3 SR
User dies off of objective = -5 SR
User contributes to 85% of objective capture = +7 SR

and so on?

That is ridiculous since (I am a game tester by trade) that isn’t even how they would most likely test their ranking system since there are too many variables, they probably have a matrix of some of the variables and make sure most of them are correct, when a system has that many differences there is no way for a human test team to accurately test it let alone them creating a list of each individual action and what it does to your SR.

1 Like

well I’m in favor of abolishing PBSR. maybe they could make a simple win streak bonus

first win 25sr
second win 30sr
third win 25sr
fourth win 30sr
and so on

if you wanted to keep PBSR, they could just show a sliding scale of how your currently doing. 10bonus SR at the top of the bar 10 negative SR at the bottom of the bar, ZERO (average) in the middle. And the bar moves as you play well/poor. but like I said, get rid of PBSR

You would still have the same variables in the background determining your standing and you would still be compared to those at your rank based on how you performed in comparison to them so it would be the same with some kind of bar…

If this data is so important why don’t you just make an Excel spreadsheet tracking all of your SR gains an losses for a season and average it out? I did it in 2018 when Brig came out and found I was always gaining more SR than I lost and I was playing through losses too much.

1 Like

oh but wait, yes I would want this during and after the match.

I think matchmaking in Overwatch and the Court of Law have something in common. They should both be transparent and in full view of the public.

sorry, yes I do want that. If you’re gonna score me on it, you gotta let me know how to get a good score.

it’s not that important lol

When the MMR formula is hidden, it makes me feel sad. And generally I like to be happy.

I think matchmaking is great. They hide the MMR formula and I duke it out in 1900sr high silver. I love Overwatch.

I wanna see what happens if they make the MMR formula public.

It’s tough for me to put it into words. If you wanna talk about it over voice comms, maybe I could better explain myself. If not, that’s cool too.

This guy says make MMR transparent because the people who love that kinda stuff eat it up. I’m one of those people. It’s like asking me why I like chocolate cake. I can’t answer that objectively.

(timestamped)

That’s awesome! I started programming at an early age but game development wasn’t really an acceptable career path back then so I wound up in applications development, and I’m an architect now. One of these days I’m going to make a game - the rise of self-publishing has taken away the last of my excuses. :smile:

What do you mean by ‘playing through losses’?

That is really good to hear that you were able to use your skills on another career path, my girlfriend is really into programming and is learning about AI and Machine Learning currently, I can’t grasp the stuff but she loves it haha I hope you do end up making a title! If you need help testing it feel free to reach out, I love helping small dev teams!

By this I just mean if I was on a losing streak I would keep playing whereas now if I lose twice in a session I’ll stop playing unless I had a winstreak before hand. I made it to Diamond/Master on PS4/Xbox after playing like this

1 Like

That’s really cool of you to offer, thanks! Obviously pretty far away from needing testers but I won’t forget.

Ah, gotcha, that makes sense. Yeah, sometimes it’s best to take a break.

1 Like

i stand corrected, DotaTV is a way to spectate any live match, and Valve deletes all replays older than two months
But at least anyone who has the id of the match that has not expired can replay it

1 Like

Source? I didn’t know that was possible.

let’s say right now there are currently 1000 games of Dota 2 being played. Are you saying that DotaTV allows you to tune in and watch any one of those games live, as they’re being played?

So why do you say it then

for what ? What’s the deal here, are you trying to snipe someone ?

already answered, dumb suggestion. You can’t just tell blizzard to release their code on which they worked a year on lol

no. if it happens in the ladder, it should be public, that’s just my opinion. Why do I have that opinion? Tradition?? idk

not by blizz, and even so, they could always change their minds

(timestamped)

this guy thinks skill systems should be transparent. I don’t have the gusto to disagree with him :slight_smile:

i don’t have dota 2 installed, but according to many bits of info, like this

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/DotaTV

Yes! and even with many-many options

and this site

https://www.trackdota.com/

scouts for replays by keywords (only what is through league system and while replays are not expired, that is no more than 2-weeks-old matches), finding matches and producing their stats on the fly

1 Like

yes!!!

this would be so freaking awesome!

you could tune into any live game being played on the Overwatch ladder

I’m guessing https://www.trackdota.com/ isn’t run by the people who made Dota2, and even worse yet, not officially endorsed. but it’s still cool

I wish Blizz would hire the Overbuff people to put all the Overbuff into in the Overwatch client.

We’ll get there some day :slight_smile:

you know, it’s like with “Epic Store”
like Steam was slowly evolving over 15 years and how a new-comer doesn’t have what its competitor has sort of standardized, and expects same level of customer’s attraction

I bet in CS:GO Valve has kind of the same features they put in Dota2, because they see these games as competitive and live entertainment, but Overwatch did not have the replays at all for 3 years, while it was presented as competitive game

1 Like

If I had all the QoL, I would never use the matchmaker again. If it comes within the next 3 years, I won’t be upset :slight_smile: