Even with 5000% vampiric Reaper would be exactly the same

30% is enough for 85% situations. It’s not even close to all his problems.

3 Likes

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter how much healing or damage he does when he’s got a Defense Matrix in his face while he’s bombarded by everyone else. Until he has both a good engage and disengage, he won’t be a strong pick.

2 Likes

And that’s why his latest buff is still only a minor buff. It sounds like a big increase, but only gives him a boost on fringe situations. In case you hadn’t noticed, that’s the typical kind of buffs they give DPS characters; ones that make them a little bit better in some situations, but don’t make them OP.

He can also be combo killed by roadhog who is meant to be countered by reaper.
Always thought that was kinda weird.

1 Like

If it wasn’t, it would be a lot like the older Brig-Tracer situation.

“Oh they picked Brig, guess I better walk back to the spawn room”.

I mean, I just expect that if i play roadhog and reaper is my counter, I either stay away from where he is playing or switch. Switching is a part of this game.

It’s like when your a junkrat playing into pharah. Yes a junkrat CAN kill a pharah once in awhile. But if the counters worked like roadhog and reaper, I would be consistently killing her from the air with ease.

Reapers problem isnt his healing. It’s just that he is a tank buster who is counter by tanks.

Just because the enemy team picked Widow, doesn’t mean that Pharah should be a free kill.

It’s not. But widow is a counter to pharah and kills her quite easily. But reaper has to go through many shots to kill roadhog. Roadhog has to land one ability to win.

If pharah could use her concussion rocket to hold widow in place and keep her from attacking so she could kill her. I would complain there too.

And if the Hook is on cooldown, or Rapier dodges the hook with a wall or wraith, then Hog is usually dead.

Also, you basically can do that with concussion blast. Just launch the Widow into a wall, but raised into the air. Easy to hit rockets, and Widows aim is moving all over the place.

If it was as easy as his missing his hook, he would have a higher win rate and we would be hearing complaints from roadhog mains about how OP reaper is. But he isnt.

Pharah is soft countered by widow. You dont have someone instantly swap to widow and Pharah automatically dies.

Same thing with reaper vs hog. On paper reaper should be able to kill hog, and with these buffs if the hog messes up the hook combo, hog has no way to kill him unless he hits a right click that pops at just the right distance to one shot him

I think they should let Reaper be able to use Shadow Step while in Wraith Form.

It would give him what he desperately needs: A way to engage, but only if he’s willing to blow his escape to do so. Engaging hard would be costly for him, but at least he would be capable of it. It would still be one of his weaknesses, but it would be a weakness that could be mitigated by good support and skilled gameplay.

I don’t know what you are talking about because it’s hard to track what “he” means.

My prediction regarding reaper:

He’ll still get a few more minor buffs that seem useless and still won’t help him be really viable and then he’ll get the buff he needs: better engage and/or disengage and suddenly the prior buffs he will have gotten will make him totally OP and oppressive.

Instead of, as usual, just buffing what is necessary, they will improve everything else first before admitting we were right since the beginning and that will make him completely broken, at which point we’ll have to wait for 6-8months for him to be toned down or even virtually removed.

Reaper needs his shadow step buffed.

I think a good change would be to allow him to shadow step while in combat but not let him be damaged BEFORE he shadow steps.

Yea but then the Meta would just be Reaper doing nothing until he has ULT over and over again

What if Reaper’s health was just increased by 50 (so 300 total) and then they reduce his lifesteal to something like 30 - 35%? I feel like that would help him out a lot, because it seems like they don’t want to give him another engage/disengage.

5000% would be funny though you have to admit do .5 dmg to a widow heat for 25 hp XD

I don’t think so.

If it worked like this:

Shadow Step

• Reaper can now use Shadow Step during Wraith Form, and vice versa. However, Wraith Form is immediately canceled when Shadow Step ends.

This would let him engage (or hard-disengage) while invulnerable, but he would lose that invulnerability upon arrival. If he’s dumb and just teleports in the middle of the enemy team, he’d just get stunned and destroyed. However, if he teleports NEAR the enemy team and is sneaky about where he comes in, like popping in above the enemy on the first point of Hollywood, he can actually get into the fight without taking too much damage.

It just shows how they don’t know how to balance the game. Instead of rounding out Reaper’s weaknesses, they buff his strengths to make him win harder in situations where he’s already strong.