Even Fitzy and Danteh are calling Sombra Bad/Weak now

I did, hence cutting back on hack and working on making her a stand alone character, just felt like it was needed to reinforce that meta shift point.
Even if this meta wasn’t a brigitte everywhere meta she would still be outclassed by everything else plus her insane unreliable kit due to bugs, honestly the main problem with picking sombra has always been what you’re giving up for her.

Focusing on her other aspects and making her a stand alone character that can actually do something other than being a hack dispenser (which, as a status effect got way too powerful in the first place) help fight this.
Return hack to the pre buff hack, make her and only her deal increased damage to hacked targets, give her a movement speed towards opportunist marked targets depending on missing health, make hacked targets show a big skull for your team, just throwing random stuff out there that can help her be her own thing.

As long as they focus on hack being her main thing she will forever feel underwhelming or extremely frustrating, that’s simply the nature of that ability and the result of the focus on that ability.

She’s actually quite effective against snipers - though more so widow than hanzo. You can generally sneak up on and deal about half or more damage to a scoped widow before they can reasonably react. Then it’s just a matter of circling them to try and remain on their sides or back, and many widows will have low enough sensitivities that it’s hard to deal with. Worst case scenario you should [usually] have a free out via translocator before they have time to kill you.
That said, hanzo is good enough at close range that it’s usually a bit of a gamble…

What kind of modifications could possibly make her viable in the current state of the game?

Let’s get some armor piercing ammo :). Brigitte and her armor meta can go die in a fire.

1 Like

Bug fixes next. Please and thank-you.

6 Likes

I’m a huge sombra fan as well but a soft rework may be necessary. Even before the changes sombra was never a general pick, super niche against specific comps. I’d rather them take a stab at generalizing her like Hanzo and Sym.

Thank you for the update. As long as she is working shape and viable again, I will go into whatever changes you made with an open mind. She is my favorite hero. Just please don’t live patch nerf her again when the predictable outcry of OP comes out.

I am excited to see what you guys are gonna do!

3 Likes

Are you fixing her bugs? That’s the most significant change she needs to be honest. A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #80 by Xaron-1831

2 Likes

Can we please get a word on Bastion as well? He’s in about the same boat as Sombra, but he’s been there much longer… He doesn’t really have many bugs like she does, but he’s been the least picked hero, consistently, for well over a year. Even if it’s not a “We’re looking into buffing him”, could we please get some kind of response on his current state?

1 Like

Since when does Bastion have the lowest pick rate and lowest win rate in the game?

Since launch pretty much… I never said anything about winrate, but it’s pretty low too… He’s picked sometimes in bronze and silver, but he’s the lowest picked in gold and up

1 Like

The problem with widow is that good ones wont just sit there on the same spot trying to hit something and on the time you waste trying to get her she can get 1-3 picks even while you force your team to play a 5v6.
And then when you get to her she can just grapple away or mercy flies to her or whatever since you don’t have quite enough damage to insta gib her, next time you try it she now has ult and you’re useless for the next 15 seconds, repeat cycle as necessary.

I’m hyped but terrified. That feeling you get when you don’t know how you did on an exam even though it’s a class you enjoy.

3 Likes

Please Papa Jeff…

Just rework Bastion already…

Or at least acknowledge him…

2 Likes

Don’t nerf her within 2 weeks this time due to pros

4 Likes

just in case…

1 Like

If you do change her, is it possible to remove the 2s cooldown on her hack when shot? It really restricts her kit and locks her down as a flanker. (Unless you got something planned for her about that :o)

1 Like

Hallelujah! This is for you Jeff <3

1 Like

Oh no please no more time travel.

But the symmetra changes were totally good right?! Who cares if it’s blatantly for everyone but the people that actually play the character? And the precedent of entirely reworking a hero was made ok by both the devs and community if they feel a character is too bad. Guess it’ll just be another “deal with it” case if they rework her rather then addressing commonly brought up issues, again.

Any chance the buffs can be “accidentally” pushed to live like the last time?

Game is balanced around pros and streamers feelings.