Even Fitzy and Danteh are calling Sombra Bad/Weak now

xQc doesnt care for overall game balance. Hes a tank player and every hero which gives him problems is busted in his eyes.

5 Likes

I read that reddit-post… This is so ridiculous! It seems that Sombra coming to the table of viable heroes scared them s***less. I guess they realized that Sombra shuts down their most used strategies which would cause them to overthink gameplans. We can’t do that, right? Would implicate that they adept to something that they are not used to see for quite a while. Well, then learn your Spanish, people! :roll_eyes:
And being hard-countered happens, for christ sake. “Sombra>Lucio” is not the only hard-counter relation in the game.

This was so depressing to read… :sweat:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s why you can’t trust pros. They don’t want the meta to get shaken up, they want to keep it the way it is. I mean if you’re a pro widowmaker/genji/Tracer, do you really want your character to become non-meta and now you might be replaced?

The threat of Sombra hard countering a lot of popular heroes like Genji / Tracer scared them. Of course the jokes on them, because those heroes got phased out of the meta by Brig/Hanzo anyway.

6 Likes

Exactly, pro players are interested in one thing and one thing alone: making money, they are going to do everything in their power to make sure nothing gets in the way of them making money, so naturally they’re going to want anything that shakes up the meta to be gone ASAP so they can have easier and more predictable games.
And Blizzard will listen to them because pros are free advertisement and helps them rake in cash, so keeping them happy is in their best interest.
Them and the players who buy alt accounts and masses of lootboxes are the only players that really matter, the rest of us are just noise who have served our purpose of buying their game.

5 Likes

Not even a month. Not even half a month. One day.

1 Like

It’s more of a ‘she’s too easy to counter’ problem. Plus in GM and Master, we have double sniper meta, which is terrible for sombra despite the fact that theoretically her low range and ability to close it should be putting her at an advantage vs sniper heroes.

1 Like

We have changes going in for Sombra for our July patch. Most likely, the changes will show up on the PTR sometime next week or soon after that. They are pretty significant.

I’m not going to detail the changes for now as they are still in flux. But playtesting has gone well and we’re eager to improve her.

212 Likes

THANK YOU JEFF lT IS TIME

9 Likes

Can you at least state what bugs will be fixed in the coming patches? Just to get us by until then?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/sombras-detrimental-bugs-2-electric-boogaloo/115986?u=silentstorm-172326

4 Likes

aaaaaAAAAAHHHH.
WITNESSED!

1 Like

Are you guys looking into diversifying the support class? The meta has been en/Mercy for several seasons now.

2 Likes

Hype! I’m really happy to see this.

4 Likes

Don’t derail the thread please, this is about Sombra, not supports.

19 Likes

hey jeff a little off topic, but are you considering looking into junkrat me and many other players dont feel like these are the right nerfs

also glad sombra is getting some love

Jeffrey Kaplan the big dog himself!

Edit: Seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart. This hero means so much to me.

1 Like

Please god please don’t rework her. Significant bug fixes? Yes please. But don’t go ruining the soul of a hero just because you’re too proud to admit certain buffs were a mistake and simply revert.

48 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JEFF!

1 Like

oh no… nightmare of hacking is back…

2 Likes

Oooh boy July patch, which means these buffs will come with the patch that contains Hero 28, huh. That’s double the hype.

6 Likes

it most likely is a rework that is lessening the impact hack/emp has significantly but buffing the rest of sombras kit and fixing her bugs