EU second class citizens again

understood, I was disputing the deduction that there are “more or less 20k active” on EU servers because there were 20k logging in at a certain time. I am active on EU servers for example, but didn’t play the game at the time the event launched.

I’m in the Faroe Islands, northern Europe. I never had any problems logging in.

you’re techinically right. more people may play right after an update than normal. so there should be LESS than 20k active people on eu on normal days.

They can get at least fix it so you don’t get kicked once when your turn comes to get in.

if you’re saying there are <20k players playing OW in EU on a normal day (give or take) you may well be right. i don’t know.
if you’re saying just 20k players in europe that still play OW on a regular basis I’d imagine that’s way low.

It doesn’t though. You don’t know the processing rate of user logins, and how many are in game already. All you see is the queue size.

There could be 9999999 players in game with a queue size of 20k. Or there could be 0. (In which case, amusingly… yeah, the CCUs is 20k. But you don’t know that.)

All you know, is you got the short end of the stick and are stuck waiting to authenticate and connect to the server.

Which story?

The one where the average player doesn’t really understand what actually goes into making and running a game like this?

Yea, I’d have to agree. It’s been 3 years and people still think they somehow know everything.

1 Like

Hmm…I did some more research. The most recent number is from 2012 with ~4,700 employees across 9 offices. And in 2015, the Irvine HQ had 2,622 employees on its own.

Activision Blizzard has 9,625 employees as of 2018.

hey, thanks for your work and effort - in my experience everything is FINE, queues are not that huge

guys

its obvious that when event starts people flock in, but 20.00 in EU is perfect imo
why?
because usually 20.00 is time when everything calms down and i can sit in peace FINALLY to chill out… and then boom… patch kicks in and i am happy that i will be able to check whats new

really, my internet is pile of throtteled :poop: (orange) but patches download preety fast and ques that happen once 4 MONTHS people… not every day or every 3 days… once a freaking 3-4 months are not that big of a deal

if you want to log in the second everything goes live and people log in … but you cant … then create better technology than it exist today… ok?
if not, then stop complaining you entitled brats

before anyone will call me ‘fanboy’… yea i am fanboying for 21 years now… i also criticize blizzard a lot, but when credit is due i give it

obviously servers devide people between themselves and in reality theres like 300.000 players in line to log in, but scattered all over servers to make it faster and easier

huh?!

doubt it.

Good for you, some of us have bad internet, even if I sit at 12-24 mbit internet it can take hours to download a patch from Blizzard, sometimes you have to wait a day because it refuses to start, there’s always problems.

Shamelessly bumping this because seeing the Blizz icon in the forums makes me feel better about the game.

1 Like

I mean the one that they’ve been copy pasting for the last 3 years about wanting to fix this.

become a believer

i have a connection ‘up to’ 10… usually got 6, , upload is up to 1, usually also a lot less

and i have no big problems either with lags (sometimes happen) or there are periods of time when very often it disconnects me just for a very short moment… so if anyone got bad internet - its me
but my expirience with blizz servers and connection is rather positive one

I’m on the Amsterdam server, but I still find a ton of French people just speaking French, expecting us all to understand.

The only other ones that do that are Germans and Russians, but much less than the French.

What’s up with them.

Don’t worry Scotland plans to get back in if we’re dragged out :wink: I hear indyref2 is becoming very popular

1 Like

Don’t blame Blizzard for Activisions actions.

We all know Activision is just greedy jackwagons who ruin any other company they touch.

I no longer believe in the existence of Blizzard apart from name only since the mission statement is no longer accurate:

Blizzard’s mission statement: Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever.
With the first of eight core values being: “Gameplay first”

Activision’s mission statement:
We continue to pursue our mission to be one of the largest, most profitable and well-respected interactive entertainment software companies of the world.

I see a very clear trend towards abandoning Blizzard’s value in favor of adopting Activision’s values. So, I’m definitely to think of Activision when I talk about the developer of Overwatch.

It’s an old meme, didn’t think the “/s” was necessary :heart:

Not popular enough, stupid really a country not voting to be independent when offered the chance. Doubly so when the rest of the UK seems to want to commit economic hari kari.