[EU] Beginners competitive team looking for members! 1250-2250SR

[EU] Beginners competitive team looking for members! 1250-2250SR

Hi, I am looking to start a beginners team for people who are new to OW and want to communicate via text chat for whatever reasons. Like I can’t really use mic because other people in house think I am talking to them/get annoyed abt it. Anyway, so I am lvl 33, and just started comp with 1860SR. I figure the team could be for 1250-2250SR players.

So I have started a discord for people who want to join the team! Please go ahead and use the invite if you are interested in joining ! discord.gg nqB7wQS (sorry I can’t include links but I sure you can put it back together :grinning: )

What kind of things are we doing as a team?

Now it is a beginners team, but we still want to concentrate on tactics and
team composition for each map! I mean, that’s kinda fun right? The idea of having a team is so we can progress, have fun, and be the best OW players we can be. It just seems so hit and miss in the solo queue! Sometimes ppl will work together, but sometimes ppl just want to go and do their own thing. Fine in QP. But that isn’t going to work in comp if we want to progress! OVERWATCH IS A TEAM GAME!

1. DISCUSS TACTICS AND TEAM COMPOSITION

Discuss what tactics & team composition we are going to do on a given map. We can do this in discord. I’m setting up channels for each map. So people could post suggested tactics + team comps, and we can have a go at these in QP or scrims, before deploying them in comp

1. PRACTICE

We can practice tactics & team comp in scrims, or just getting together and doing it in quickplay to start with. If we have 12 team members we can even scrim against each other - which I think would be really great to see which team comps & tactics work best on each map?

1. FEEDBACK

Get one of us to spectate on each game, so we can give feedback on what went good vs. bad

1. CALLOUTS

So, when we are playing, we need to be able to call out enemy positions using text chat (e.g. there is a bastion hidden behind xxx). So for that we need a shared lexicon to describe the map locations. I’ve posted some of these to each of the tactics channels on the discord. Feel free to add others if you think they are better.

1. SCHEDULE

So we need to arrange when to play! We can do that in the discord. We can make regular times at some point!

RULES OF TEAM

hey so! Well, it is a positive, supportive, and inclusive kind of team. We don’t want people making unconstructive comments, or just not being nice really. If you are a bit toxic and not very wholesome, it is not team for you! We also welcome all genders LGBTQIA etc. And there is no hitting on each other, or asking if people have gf/bf whatever which is annoying. Well, I don’t wanna to be ageist, and say a certain age range. It’s just about playing the game and being positive and nice. That’s all. It doesn’t matter if you are 15 or 35. No racism obviously. If you break the rules, you’ll be kicked out.

Thanks! Neil