Error starting match - March 13, 2020

I understand you’re concerned for fellow players, but the support staff is likely to be available in the morning. I say “likely” because I have no idea what Blizzard’s approach to the current health issues will be this weekend and next week, etc. Also, I don’t work there, so I’m just guessing based on their normal availability :slight_smile:

Spectrum user on xbox live, Texas. Started pretending it had logged into a game last night around 10pm, then penalizing for leaving without the player’s screen even moving off the searching screen. Then, if you re-queue, it tells you that you can’t enter a queue while your previous match is in progress. All across QP and arcade.

Xbox, East coast player. Dont have spectrum preference centurylink and I’ve gotten the error message several times. Last night was the first night that it disconnected, Banned my entire group for 10min, then took 50sr from each of us. How is that fair? Blizzard obviously knows about this stuff. It’s very easy to tell who‘a just leaving matches to throw and who is getting kicked. The issue is that blizzard could give two sh1t$ about their console players. If PC players were experiencing the same issues there’d be a warning message up and the issue would be resolved.

It’s bad customer service to be like ‘oh you’re experiencing an issue we can’t actually confirm is a blizzard server error but is at the same time? And you’re getting penalized for it? Oh well. Just make sure to que up for trash quick play before hand! :slightly_smiling_face::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Hey all,

The issues we were initially investigating for this thread were resolved last night. Since there are more reports right now, we’re compiling them and seeing if maybe something else is going on, but please keep in mind that it’s quite possible that whatever is going on with each of your connections is unrelated.

This makes for a very unpleasant gaming experience. I can win 6 games in a row but then lose the SR in one hit due to a technical error of the game - and then get suspended for my trouble.

When are we supposed to know the issue is fixed? Or do we just never que for a competitive game again?

I can’t start any type of match - keep getting “Error Applying Update” - went through the steps regarding cleaning up the battlenet agents and the playerdata and its still giving me this issue.

this, how will we want to play this kind of game?

Ugh I have the same question, this site is never updated so idk if they are even trying to fix it or I can never play OW again basically. I also like how a lot of us have different problems, none of which seem to connect to a bigger problem. Some can’t enter games, some get kicked out midgame, and some lose connection instead of error applying update. Idk what to think about it anymore

Just to close this issue up, we’ve confirmed that the other reports are unrelated to our original issue. Most of the reports were entirely different error messages. There were some DDoS attacks over the past two days, but anybody who’s still having connection problems at this point should start their own thread or contact support for help.

To prevent further confusion, I’m going to lock this thread, but thanks again for letting us know when the original issue was happening.