Error code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 When Trying To Update The Game

Everytime i try to launch the game the launcher prompts me to update the game. When i do so, this error message pops up: Whoops! Looks Like Something Broke. Give It Another Shot. More Help: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8. Reinstalling/Rebooting my PC Did not help, but i am able to launch the game via the Overwatch.exe in the game files instead of the Overwatch Launcher.exe. If someone could help me fix this issue, that would be greatly appriciated.

1 Like

Hey Wolfyy,

The most common cause I see for this error is permissions. If you have any security software installed, try temporarily disabling it then retry the patch. Be sure to also check Controlled Folder Access if you have Windows 10. If it’s on, disable it temporarily.

If it’s still not working after that, try creating a new admin account as a test.

Let us know if this works for you.

This started happening to me too today. I tried deleting the Overwatch folder and reinstalling it but it could not download from the server. So I copied the Overwatch folder from my other computer. The error message persists, but I am still able to launch overwatch.exe manually as you have described.

Kaldraydis, you were right. I disabled the Privoxy adblocking in my ddwrt router and then the blizzard client was able to update itself.

I fixed it with the normal server but it is still happening when I try to update the private server. please help

Hey ChatterBox,

Can you provide us more information on the server you are attempting to connect to? That would help us out a lot.