"Error applying update"

I can start the game and even select skins or open boxes, but everytime I start a game (every game mode) it starts loading with the text: “Applying update” a few seconds later it says “error applying update” and it kicks me out of the game, returns to the loading screen … Help pls

1 Like

Please search the forum before you start a new post. This issue is covered in the sticky threads here:

Non of these tips helped solving the problem
:frowning: But thank you though

Did you remove the Battlenet folder from Programa Data folder?

Hey Voi,

If those steps haven’t helped it’s possible the error patching is due to a firewall or ISP issue that’s preventing you from connecting properly. You may want to try connecting through an alternate network just temporarily to see if it will get the in-game patch to apply.

iv’e been trying to do this, but i’m not sure what “select all agent” means when i’m trying to delete the tools folder. been trying to fix this for two days to no avail.

Yes I searched for it in the “%localappdata%” but it still won’t work… And I’m wondering… Why should the firewall be the problem if the game ran without ANY problem two days ago now?

This happened before during the Bastion Lego event and the issue wasn’t fixed until blizzard released a patch. So I believe this is a problem on the blizzard side of things

2 Likes

Vol,

I updated those steps just a few minutes ago. In the event that you’re still having trouble, can you please retest using this method?

1. Press Windows key + R and type in %localappdata%
  2. You should find a Blizzard Entertainment Folder. Open this. If you do not see it be sure you can view hidden files
  3. Delete the Overwatch folder
  4. Repair the Overwatch client
  5. Retest