Entering game/connecting screen replacing Main Menu

Only happens when I’m in a group and returning to the main menu from either a game or any sub menu (Hero Gallery, Options, Career Profile) replaces the regular main menu that has a hero and one of the game maps in the background with the Entering game screen except the background is a game map.

This does not go away until I either reboot the game or Cancel the entering game and log back in, I can’t talk in text chat or press Esc during this as that triggers the Cancel button as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Qt1CK1N.jpg

Hey there,

That is a pretty unusual issue and I haven’t seen any widespread reports matching what you are seeing. It could be a bug and if so should be reported in the bug report forums but given that there are not any widespread reports of this, the issue is likely something local to the client or connection. Give the following steps a shot and see if that helps:

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Right click Windows Start
  2. Open File Explorer
  3. Open Documents
  4. Delete the Overwatch folder and empty the Recycle Bin.

(This will deleted any unsaved/saved highlights so if you wish to preserve those, save and then move them from the videos folder before deleting the OW folder.)

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Repairing Battle.net Games - Blizzard Support

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Creating a New Administrator Account - Blizzard Support

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

It’s not a connection issue, I can be in a group and talking to others the entire time, I can get matched into games and play them, this occurs in different places, on different computers, on completely different routers.

edit to add: it doesnt happen when I’m not in a group, and when I’m in a group the lead queues us into games.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.