Enough with the Mercy Thread Quarentine

She won’t be touched. The nerf helped to become mercy in a healing bot.

1 Like

Why do all of you think the mods have to click on these to move them to the trash bin? I’d be angry as hell if I was a mod and had to go into every mercy thread to move them. And also it’s mods moving them you really think they make the balance decisions?

ye that aswell would be nice. would reward accurate ana’s (headshots for healing could heal for more and or longer. something like that)

1 Like

I THOUGHT OF THAT TOO!

Like legit thought headshotting allies would give better healing. I mean if they won’t let her headshot enemies make her all the more unique with that

1 Like

No I dont.

I think that addressing someone, anyone, who might be browsing this is better than just sitting around waiting for Mercy Feedback Thread #20 “heyyy guys c: we rly appreciate ur thoughts on mercy even tho we’re not gonna respond to anything in here haha”

I agree.

No offense but if Mercy is a closed case then shutdown the megathread.

I’m glad someone has highlighted this again. Right now it’s blatant that they are using it to silence Mercy discussion which is unreasonable and completely disrespectful. It’s hard to keep track of a discussion when a thread is moved to the megavoid/megathread. I had someone reply to something I said in another thread but I can’t check what it was as it was later on moved to the megavoid/megathread.

Best thing the Overwatch team/Jeff can do right now is to arrange to shutdown the megathread or alternatively change the main post’s message to be truthful and accurate. All they are currently doing is misleading newcomers into thinking their feedback is important and will be read when in reality Mercy is closed for new feedback at the moment and it won’t be read. If they continue leaving it open and silencing Mercy discussions then they will end up alienating more players or at best causing players to lose what faith or trust they have in this game.

They’ve said it’s to consolidate feedback or whatever due to heavy discussion on Mercy. What about Brigitte then? She’s getting a lot of discussion but no megathread. Love the double standards on the forum.

Jeff has already stated that they don’t intend on changing Mercy because they believe she is fine. And besides, even if they were planning on changing her, they’re only going to do it after Symmetra’s and Torbjorn’s respective reworks hit live, so there’s no point.

Sigh

There are many changes that could still be done to Mercy that would improve player experience without affecting gameplay at all (fixes to on-fire meter, recognition for critical healing, more varied cards) - in fact, aside from obvious bug-fixes, the only “buff” I want is for her rez-range to increase in Valkyrie once she initiates the rez as the momentum of flying in to rez will often push you out of the range (and thus abort the rez).

1 Like

Do you know why? Because it was insisted, over and over again, that our feedback was being taken into consideration. THen not once, not twice, but three times every single suggestion for how to better balance mercy was ignored.

People agreed that the nerfs for mercy were too harsh when they hit the ptr. People said, over and over, that valk didnt even feel like an ultimate. People said that this was a step in the wrong direction. But these changes hit live anyways and have stuck ever since.

This is nothing new. This is just like when Hook 2.0 came out. When there is an obvious problem people will continue to make noise until its fixed. Just like “Tracer is op” threads. Just like “genji’s deflect is broken” threads. Just like “mei and sym need buffs!!” threads.

The only reason you are lashing out at this “incessant whining” is because Mercy is a popular hero. There were people who thought hook 2.0 was fine, who thought genji’s hitbox was fine, who thought that sym and mei were fine. But their feedback was listened to.

Ours was not.

So forgive me if, after almost 8 months I’m tad bit irritated.

My proof?

Are there 4 “SYM CHANGES FEEDBACK” megathreads? no.
Are there 4 “DVA CHANGES FEEDBACK” megathreas? No.
Are there 4 “ROADHOG CHANGES FEEDBACK” megathreads? No.

Yet these are all heroes who’ve been reworked far more than Mercy has.

People made enough noise on these forums and got the changes they asked for; so clearly here is the place to be if you want your concerns addressed. I dont need to poll the entire overwatch community; all I have to do is see these mercy threads have over 4,000 posts collectively, the majority of which are unhappy with her current state, see even EeveeA’s thread a well-known, high-ranked Mercy main who’s REPEATEDLY spoken out about how these changes were a step in the wrong direction both on her stream AND on here–

only to get ignored.

Then I look at the “the pros” feedback on mercy and its very illuminating.

They complained about “hide and rez” ? Valk came out.
They complained about it being too strong? It was nerfed into the ground.

Actual, mercy players complained that “um hey these changes are way too harsh like we’ve been saying all along. Maybe use some of our suggestions??” and we get an OWL skit of mercy “going on vacation” after Moira drops.

It’s obvious who they’re listening to when it comes to Mercy. And it’s not Mercy mains. They’ve made it clear they dont care, all I ask for is transparency.

Her pickrates are high because she is one of 6 healers in the entire game and teams need a healer

Pickrates dont mean anything.

if you need to flex onto support, you’re solo healing, who are you going to pick? Out of the 6 healers in the whole game only TWO can reliably solo heal, and out of those two only ONE cant ever “run out” of healing. She is the easiest, simpliest healer to just pick up and play for people who don’t usually play healer. That is why she is so picked.

You cant use pickrates as an argument without critically thinking of WHY that hero is picked so often. For Mercy its because she’s needed. People dont have a choice but to play either her or Moira if they want to win. Especially since having rez can mean the difference between capping the point and losing in Overtime. She is a very useful but very simple hero to play.

You’re happy “hide and rez” is gone? Awesome. I never said anything about reverting Mercy. I said that Im tired of these threads being locked and moved or deleted under the guise of “we appreciate ur feedback and are listening to all of it uwu” and said-- either come out and make an official statement on the state of mercy, either in an announcement or a video [ESPECIALLY after Jeff said “Dont worry! If these changes are too harsh we’ll rethink it” in his mercy update video], or stop making these megathreads.

3 Likes

I don’t know what you mean by boring…you obviously are not having the same games I am.

1 Like

…skill? What the hell are you talking about? What about having more rezzes available with less danger in getting them off translates to being more skillful?

Isn’t that the main thing that changed between Mercy 2.0 and now? The cast time, slowed movement, and lack of invulnerability during the rez? If I’m wrong on that please correct me.

She’s more than fine, she’s one of the strongest heroes in the game. There’s a reason that RIP tire always goes after her instead of a DPS.

They’re not gonna close it so long as there’s spam.

I can’t believe I got here, but I’ve grown to appreciate (and even like) Valkyrie. It’s not bad or unimpactful, it just feels that way. It does a lot of different, very useful things.

I’ve been trying to keep track of my Valkyries in terms of players swung in a team fight. A decent Valkyrie is often a 2-3 person swing. Maybe you save yourself from a dive, and then fly up to take out Widow. That’s a 2 person swing. A dps ult that took out 2 players, one of which was a Mercy, would be a good ult. After you did that, you still have 7-8 seconds left. Or maybe your team were fighting on a point, and you chain healed all of them when they needed it, and switched to chain damage boost when your it looked like a kill could be secured. That often also swings 2-3 people in a fight if your team is organized.

Yes, I think it would be cool if they made it feel more impactful. And yes, I think it would be the right thing for them to acknowledge that the rework wasn’t handled in the best way, that the player base have some legitimate complaints about it. I also think they should, at some point, seriously rethink it and see if they’re satisfied with the final result.

But I also understand their point of not destabilizing the game by messing with Mercy when she’s in a decent spot in terms of balance. Personally, I also still find her to be the most fun hero by a longshot.

wow jelly. you usually dosen’t write comment like this kind. i wonder if jam was the one writing it.

i can’t say i fully understand the mercy situation, so i really can’t say anything about it and what needed to be done to mercy.

but about your comment, you got my respect for that kind of honest and to-the-point response <3.

(forgive me for my horrible english if i done any typo here)

Didn’t mean to come off as Brutal.

Honestly, Jam was out at the moment, but there was a little Jelly as well😁

Sorry if it came out in angry way.

By the way, your English is fine, good to see you Exonoob😂

The megathread is their way of hiding feedback. It’s censorship.

1 Like

It didn’t come off as brutal, just blunt; which is fine because I’m very blunt-- but that much is likely obvious from the tone of this thread. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Well, sometimes the world could use a little bit of Bluntness😂

Thanks for the support Mr. Gengu! I guess the Overwatch devs dont care about the problems people described in the megathread. I played WoW for years and never had a problem adjusting to changes. With Mercy they definitly killed it and I cant see myself playing her anymore at all.
But I guess I have to deal with that and play other heroes or games since Jeff and friends dont understand the problem. That makes me sad and heavily disappointed since I had much better expectations towards Blizzard. Thought about getting the Mercy statue but I dont want to give them any money anymore.