Enough is enough blizzard

In no way you have any grounds for making the these decisions, this is total BS and I am expecting total ban from this:

1. Who the idiot made the call to cancel the game if some1 picked a hero and moved and the other team dominated, I will leave in 30s, cancel game => this is the absolute [edited] in the competitive game industry.

2. Lose the MMR you have it is absolute garbage. Let only SR, ping, time when you pressed Q dictate the team you are facing.

Looking forward to discuss your response, nothing more I would like to be but be on your side as a PO but please don’t make these idiotic designs,

BR, Gilhith

[Edited for language - Forum Moderator]

2 Likes

SR-translated, simplified MMR.

30s-they chose the cutoff for when a game is better discarded than skewing stats to be 1 minute as no one is heavily invested at this point. If you dislike being on the winning end of this imagine being on the losing end. It’d be ridiculous. They had to pick some cutoff and this is what they chose.

Both of your complaints have very simple explanations.

2 Likes

It’s 45 seconds and it happens because that’s the length of the afk-movement timer

1 Like

what are you even saying, this makes absolutely no sense

So we sit in queue for several minutes, but we aren’t heavily invested? If we wanted to waste time waiting for a game we would not care about this. However we don’t have unlimited time to waste in queue to have a match cancelled.

Would you rather be stuck in the 5v6? When on the 6 I’m sure but not on the 5 side.

1 Like

This is actually already how it works for 98% of the player base. The only time SR isn’t essentially equal to MMR is when you’re Diamond or above and have decayed SR from inactivity.

1 Like

Simple explanations yes I agree but wrong. We start the fight and roll the enemy. One decides to leave (even if he participated into the fight) and thus game cancelled? What is the point in this?

you finna get banned for calling blizzard out. it’s against tos iirc

Actually I believe the other case is when you leave and get a leavers penalty. Don’t have a source at hand but I believe this is a pure SR loss and won’t affect your MMR (which makes sense since).

1 Like

That’s not known, but is speculated in the seasonal “How SR Works” topic. I didn’t mention it because it’s not particularly relevant. 50 SR is not very much in matchmaking terms. You’ll be back to equilibrium in just a couple of games. If you’re leaving often enough to have significant SR drift from leaver penalties, you’ll be getting a season ban and then it won’t matter.

How Competitive SR Works (S16)

1 Like