Endorsement Level Question

So just to clarify something: if you get banned for anything, your endorsement level is reset to 0. Now, theoretically, let’s say I get unfairly banned for cheating and my endorsement level drops to 0. If I make an appeal and my account is restored would my endorsement level also be reinstated or would it stay at 0?

The correct answer to this is:

Cheaters suck. Go away.

9 Likes

At least this is more creative than “My friend got banned!” haha…

6 Likes

I suppose. For that I award .25 of a bucket of popcorn.

That said, cheaters still suck and he should just go away.

3 Likes

I have no idea, what would be interesting is for you to tell us the results.

Actually this is about an ex-contenders player who was heavily hackusated and eventually banned. Just recently he tweeted an update screenshot of his career profile on the account that was banned with him saying “unbanned”

The thing is, the picture he sent looks heavily doctored but there’s not really a smoking gun evidence that it is edited, the only thing that is super weird is that the background animations are in the exact same positions as another picture he tweeted out but again that’s not 100% confirming it’s edited.

Something else that leads people to believe it’s doctored is that: his account is still endorsment level 0 according to Play Overwatch, he also didn’t post an unban email or anything. Just a sus screenshot

I’m really sorry I obliterated your snaky comment though, there are (not) plenty of other people who would “appreaciate” your awful sense of humor elsewhere though

2 Likes

I’ve heard you can have your endorsement level lowered by simply being reported (even if it never results in a ban.) So my guess is it’d stay at 0 if the rules are that harsh.

My question is if the account ban is overturned by Blizzard, will the endorsment level be reinstated to what it was before the ban?

Unlikely. Accounts that have their ban expire starts with 0 so it should be no different.

Thank you for your useless input

No. Because Blizzard Customer Service can only unlock the account that was banned, but any damages to the gameplay experience during the time the account is locked is irreversible. (Say you miss a limited-time skin opportunity while the account is banned, that can’t be caught up in any way.) The good news is that even a level 0 Endorsement Rating is recoverable as you start playing again.

As a reminder, cheating is carefully investigated by Blizzard’s hack team and determines evidence before issuing an action.

2 Likes

If you are being reported frequently for disruptive behavior such as Abusive Chat, yes, the endorsement rating may drop a level, but that too is easily recoverable presuming you take notice and make effort to correct any possible deviant behavior.

Ah, thank you so much

1 Like

I will always be my biggest cheerleader! :v: :partying_face:

1 Like

This kind of sense of humor is what humanity deserves. It’s the best kind of humor.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is true.

1 Like

Assuming the people reporting you are reporting you for actual infractions and not just out of spite because, say, you didn’t pocket them or picked Bastion/Sym etc.

4 Likes

Oh I can tell you this happens all the time with people sending false reports.

I hover between endorsement levels 3 and 4 and I’ve noticed that almost every time I drop from 4 to 3 it was because of a “bad” match where I tried to get people to focus right targets or stop feeding one by one and instead group up etc.
Even when I’ve gotten multiple endorsements from on such matches I’ve still dropped a level so it shouldn’t be about not getting enough endorsements.

They definitely weren’t reportable and I’ve never gotten any warnings or penalties in OW.

2 Likes

If this was true, I would not be lvl 5 for over a year now xD So many people threatning with reports for everything - hero pick, missed shots, bad ult, when they found out I am a girl (yeah…people are weird), People feeding - reporting me for “not healing them on purpose” (this is their favourite),…oh and once I tried to flirt with Hanzo - he got mad, cause he missunderstood and thought I was accusing him of throwing (silly head)

Being a jerk to people for absolutely no reason? I was literally trying to out a cheater and here these two come in being mean. Luckily I got an actual answer from WyomingMist AND a Game Master