Endorsement Level Keeps Dropping

Its possible to keep lvl 4 but you have to pretty much get at least 1 endorsement per match.

Shame so few people use it

Same here: alternating between Level 3 and 4, never been able to hit 5, but sometimes randomly going up without receiving endorsements.

I have started to think it also looks at your gameplay statistics. I.e., giving you points for being on fire, or something along the line.

But I also noticed people giving endorsements less. People immediately leaving the game right after “Victory”/“Defeat” becomes the norm (more often in the case of “Defeat”, obviously).

It’s purely based on the number of endorsements you get. You have to get some mystery amount initially and then maintain a mystery level of endorsements going forward.

Leaving games and being reported can cause your endorsement level to drop.

past couple days it happened again
dropped to 3, back to 4, dropped to 3 again

Nobody said it decays over time? It decays over matches. If you play with a 6 stack long enough, you will drop to 4.

Idk what you guys are even talking aboit. My endorsement level has never been higher than 1. O_o

If you want to grind out endorsements, make LFG parties, every 2 games remake parties with new people, have fun make the matches enjoyable, youll climb and consistently gain endorsments level after while.

back to 4 again.
My issue is that it oscillates like crazy. Every other day I drop in rank then go back up. Back and forth like 4 times now.

No but it will if you play X number of games without getting X amount of endorsements… and no one knows how many “X” is except the guys who developed the feature

i too play a lot of MH (best game mode btw)…and on a typical day i hit level 4 about 2-3 times…but it ALWAYS drops back to 3 shortly after

It’s just because you’re right at the border between level 4 and level 5. You don’t get endorsed for a few games, you drop, you get endorsed a lot for a few games, you get level 5 again. The only way for you not to ping pong between endorsement levels is to either get few enough endorsements to not be so close to level 5 or to build up an endorsements buffer so that you don’t drop down from level 5 so easily. Endorsements don’t go down over time, they go down a steady amount per game played so if you don’t replace them at a steady rate you’ll drop.

1 Like

While there’s no official statement how the system really works and this explanation in link (post in green) is not official nor it comes from an employee I found it to be most accurate regarding endorsement levels, check it out if you want.

I personally never did experience my level suddenly dropping but I’m aware there are many players that have same situation like you do.
Even if you have highest level only thing that you get is few extra boxes and you’ll only get duplicates from them once you reach silver border portrait.

Also if you play DPS heroes it seems that player base is not so fond to give endorsement to DPS for some reason, I think that endorsement should go to players that deserve it based on their performance, communication etc, not on which role they play.

I don’t like that they are based on a system where they decay if you don’t get endorsements. People just don’t use the system that much.
Maybe decay instead if you don’t give endorsements. That way people who don’t use the system don’t benefit from it.

1 Like

I used to go from 3-4/4-3 constantly. I’ve maintained level 4 for months now.

I started endorsing every game (even if it’s 3 sportsmanships to the other team) and I never quit a game.

This coming from an exclusive ONE-trick mute/deaf Sombra main, who surprisingly doesn’t get endorsements every game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s true that players don’t use the system as much as before, probably they just got used to it with time and there isn’t much benefits from it.
I guess it made more sense before because you could use it for LFG if I remember correctly.

As Ambers said in post I also endorse every game even it’s all of them to the enemy team, but I won’t give them randomly to whoever.
I don’t quit games, only while timer is still on to pick heroes, if it’s one of those “creative” QP team compositions (4 dps at least etc).

From time to time there is games where I don’t get a single endorsement but my level is still the same, it’s hard to understand the system.
Maybe some adjustments could be made or it all makes sense but we don’t know it because there isn’t any official details.

Yes, he literally did.

I mean before this post. I’ve only seen people say it decays over matches.

I use “games played” to denote the passage of time. I call it “wasting time”
It’s not a very accurate method to quantify the passage of time but only slightly worse than the United States Customary Units
BAM! Measurement system burn.

My theory is that endorsement levels aren’t just based on how many endorsements you receive, but based on how well (objectively well) you perform during a match too.

Things like receiving cards, good stats, POTGs and medals probably factor in this.