Endorsement Decay?

I am a very active player, usually playing at least 1 game a day. In the majority of my games I get at least 1 endorsement, and I usually endorse 3 people per match (including players on the opposing team if they deserve it!). However, I have been having a problem with endorsement decay over the past couple of weeks. I am constantly jumping between level 3 and 4 and I don’t know why. This has happened 4 or 5 times now, and it is concerning.

I’ve read in other posts that this could be because people are reporting me, yet I have never (in my opinion) done anything warranting a report. If I was being reported, I would think that by now I would have been banned (or received some sort of warning), considering how many endorsement promotions and demotions I have received in such a short period of time.

Has anyone else experienced this bug, or have any idea what could be causing this? I know many people consider endorsements an arbitrary thing, but I actually like them! Finally, does anyone know how to get in contact with a GM regarding players reporting players? If I am being reported it would love to know why.

2 Likes

Your not alone. They system is not doing what they intended it to. I’m seeing toxic players with high endorsements and I’m seeing new forms of toxicity based around this system. Like grief reporting.

Not sure if this link will work but there’s a big thread on it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/endorsement-level-went-down/144327/328

Excellent, thanks! This is so frustrating. I don’t know if it’s a limited bug but from what I read so far in that thread, the main issue is jumping between level 3 and level 4. Regardless of whether this system is making people ‘fake nice’, I still think that it encourages good behavior. Trolls will still be out there even if this wasn’t a thing, but I have noticed an increase in respectful players.

I’ll take fake nice over troll any day but I’m not sure it’s really working. I pretty much ignore it and I guess that means when I do open it, the people I upvote truly did something to impress me.

Yeah, I hadn’t touched the game for a while until the other week, i started playing, got my endorsement level to level 2 then i log on the next day to find it was knocked down to 1.

same thing has happened to me, i already went from lvl 4 to lvl 3 twice. This is getting annoying, i receive at least 3 endorsement each game and give all the endorsement possible (3), if this keeps happening we will never get endorsement lvl 5, i think that’s not fair

1 Like

I don’t have a clue how people possibly reach level 5. I’ve jumped between 3 and 4 at least 7 times, possibly more, but I have no idea why. If decay really is this bad then why should anyone bother?