Endless Hero Change Spam

I was in a match and suddenly I couldn’t move 2 inches without the hero select screen to pop out, I got out of spawn by pure effort and the message “Must be at spawn room” kept spamming, unless it was an attempt at the game to make me lose the match it has to be a bug, it has happened to me to a lesser extent in some occasions where I see the message pop out once between lives.

16 Likes

Got the same issue !

It made my game crashed and loss SR.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me. Even when I managed to leave the hero select room, the game continued to spam the “H” key so chat kept spamming “you must be in a here select…” etc.

4 Likes

Exactly same thing happened to me, only thing you can use is just spam escape as you move out of spawn, changing key bind does not help, I am not using any binds on mouse or keyboard so it can’t be this issue

1 Like

Same happened to me last game.

1 Like

Hey there, apologies for the bug. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you’ve encountered this bug please feel free to give any information you think is relevant in this thread, we appreciate it.

8 Likes

To me, that happened in nepal. Outside the spawn, i receivwd a lot of messages about “you need to be in the spawn to swap character”, as if i was activaly pushing h all the time.

Same happened to me, i was playing in Castillo and suddenly i saw “Must be at spawn room” and i had to restart the game to fix this bug

Happens on console as well. I ended up getting kicked for afk cuz I couldn’t do anything.
Thanks for the ban from comp for it btw

I have had this happen twice. both times it happend when I was reporting someone during the select your hero screen, and I spawned when I had the report window open.
Hope this helps.

I dont really know what cause it for sure but to me it always happens when I have premades in the team. It doesnt matter what size the premade or premades are.

It doesnt make my game crush just incredible stressing and it ruins your pace especially when you have a good streak.

This actually happened to me when I join a vs ai match, with all six slots filled and it put me into spectator (was the start of the match/hero select on lijiang tower) and then someone left on the first round, i got put in, selected a hero, then the hero select kept opening constantly.

Happened to me a couple of days ago on Ilios. I was on Xbox.

1 Like

PC. Happened to me about a week ago in QP. Was browsing settings before this bug occurred. And I think that I closed menu roughly at the same moment when hero selection countdown ended.

Oasis, PS4…barely avoided being banned

I will join a video proof of it which I have! Was on console as well!

Had the same issue less than a week ago on Numbani in a custom game.
My teammate had the same issue.
Issue started randomly in the game and not at the same time as my teammate.
Started 2nd round for me.

Just happened for me in comp on Eichenwalde. First round was fine, second round I could barely get out of spawn. Had to selecte a hero, take a step, select a hero, take a step, repeat until I got past the spawn room. Not sure if we would’ve won, but 5v6 is never good odds.

My solution was to manually spam H until I was out.

it happened to me on numbani and it wouldnt let me spawn and get to the point in time to touch and i lost so much sr :C