ENDED: Blizzard DDoS attack (Live and Beta are now okay)

So much for queuing just Mei for a short time

There is never an ETA for these things. Sometimes they may take days to resolve

2 Likes

Perfect, just when I finally got internet back after a week.

Edit: Can’t even connect to the beta either.

I thought so. Even the HOTS forum is down…

For those who were already in game, and got DC’ed, losing SR, nothing can be done while this is legit not players’ fault?

Refer to this support topic in the tech support forum: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties

1 Like

Can’t lose if you can’t play the game :thinking:

"What if it was the server’s fault?

Often we hear mentions of one off issues when we discuss penalties. “What happens if the servers crash or if Blizzard’s ISP has a problem?” or something of that nature. This does happen from time to time, but it’s pretty rare. The system is built to take that sort of thing into account, and periodic issues like this shouldn’t tank your skill rating too much. This is why the first few penalties are lenient compared to later ones. Over time even the Skill Rating drops will even out as you keep playing normal matches. As long as you aren’t intentionally leaving or having tech issues, this shouldn’t affect your account too much."

I like this answer above, easily said than done. Yes the SR will eventually even out, it still is not players’ fault in this case.

The DDoS attack might be getting mitigated as I am able to log into BattleNet (at least for StarCraft II as I am playing that game this evening). If any of you are able to get back in, please consider still avoiding Competitive Play as the risk of disconnections is still likely.

1 Like

can the penalties from season 5 be reversed?
i disconnected from a couple of games and couldn’t get back in time… i was wondering if i could get my sr back

It’s kind of stupid but no penalties won’t be reversed.

3 Likes

Season 5?! Your MMR will have already rebalanced itself if you playing consistently since.

Remember your skill rating is not a currency that you collect, it is a rating.

I’m stuck in plat forever :’(

I dont understand why penalties cant be reversed

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time then to look into penalty system and make sure that they’re not being applied when the entire bnet goes down…

6 Likes

i’m just sad bc w/ that +100sr i would’ve hit masters…
and no i haven’t played comp since season 7

Don’t feed the trolls.

You post this to a forum that the majority of your players don’t view… very smart. Why don’t you make an in-game announcement, instead of penalizing players over an issue with your cyber security? Typical Overwatch, refusing to take accountability and making the people who pay them live with the consequences of their actions. God, you people are intolerable.

2 Likes

Please tell me that law enforcement has been notified.

:roll_eyes: hopefully the people who do this just stop. idk what’s the point?