ELO PURGATORY . Blizzard response plz

I want to know, both as a player, AND as an investor…

What is Blizzard going to do for us today, to get the players whom care to play their Competitive matches, OUT of ELO Purgatory in competitive mode.

Are we going to have to play a thousand+ Matches, in hopes that only minor amounts of SR gain are going to happen? While we face thousands of team mates whom are running “throw-away accounts”

Because rightly so, I am tired of being penalized for commitment and dedication to the game.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

What is happening is quite simple.

Low elo is just a slog through people that should be a lot lower and people that should be a lot higher. AS someone that has played comfortably between 2000-2300 the last few seasons… I just have to say that low silver has become a horrid mess.

Skill variance has always been a problem at silver level. It’s 10 times worse this season.

20 characters…

1 Like

If you want to improve, don’t worry about grinding so much as you do fixing your mistakes. Record some of your games, get a coach, review your own gameplay. Worry about that more than playing a ton every day all day

Yeah I agree with you there. That Silver is terrible. I have maintained gold for the most part and had a friend whom would run with me from lower platinum. Things went fine and I didn’t struggle in those areas. But, well friends have lives too, and Maybe I dont. :wink: But I get just ONE game or two games with a leaver/thrower and my SR plummets fast.

Id love to call those people up and thank them for ruining my game profile career. But that is unethical.

Other replies from me. :slight_smile:

Player name: Kornmeal. Kaawumba

I agree with you there! Learning how to play better is always key. I Widowmain and played her 700 hours, but realize she is niche to the cause. SO I have been running Competitive as an Ana Healer for games, since I can scope in and do long distance heals or high-volume heals as needed. Even going to Lucio for CP map healing.

The games I always face that turn into losses, are the “leeeeeroy reinharts” (old WoW meme) where they run in, and expect a mass amount of healing. I dont think even two healers could easily hold out that much damage. Players tend to NOT realize that if there is a Torb turret and Sym turret, that they need to clean up that stuff first, then rush in. :slight_smile:

Lastly, With other games being a loss due to the team NOT protecting their healer.

Yes, I would be happy to use LFG, but I’ve only come across extreme-Toxic players out of those groups. So I would never touch that mode, ever again.

I’m a seasoned World of wacraft player, I dumped a few thousand hours on that game too, and it has been the same “rinse and repeat” from that game here too. Battlegrounds were as good as the healer, and that was ONLY if the team would barricade and work with their healers.

It really is NOT fun down in the “silver and gold pits”, or as I am starting to call them “the gold and silver mines” and yes, I personally KNOW a mining face drill operator. its bad work. and reflects the same thing that gold and silver is.
:dizzy_face:

I have an account in low gold. As bad as gold can get its WAY better than silver. Honestly gold is heaven comparing to silver.

The games are a lot more stable at gold.
Silver is literally people who should be 1300 SR at best mixed in with people that are pushing plat in terms of skill. The skill variance makes me want to puke

Blizzard isn’t going to do anything to boost you out of your rank without deserving it, that’s called boosting and it’s against ToS

Yeah I hover around “mid gold” but the issue is, it turned into a large group of people rushing into the enemy and not waiting. Mainly new account players. I have been baffled as to why they are placing so many new accounts into matches. :open_mouth: My last string of losses put me into a group of individuals in silver and it was REALLY bad. I was able to get out, after the next match was a Victory, and found my spot in gold again. But it was the same story of “leeeeeory” playing. :frowning:

So how much Blizzard/Activision stock do you own? Are you even invited to the meetings? I’m going out on a limb you don’t.

And the same solution that has always worked: improve. You leave your nonexistent elo hell when you rise above its par. Mindless grinding works for some quickly but for most slowly to never. You need to consciously try to improve not just grind. You are not due a higher rank because you played X hours because clearly the material has not sunk in. Peopls have various gifts and strengths and life is unfair. Work to improve rather than say the system is rigged when it’s been demonstrated to not be.

I was ~800 SR; I’m now low gold. The system works as intended as I climbed when I tried to improve.

1 Like