Elephant in the room. Spoiler, it's Ana

I haven’t seen a person anywhere claim Ana’s a balanced hero in months. Definitely not since we got Moira. Hell, I recognize she and at least a couple other heroes could use a buff. And guess what? Some are well on the way. Ain’t that not enough to render this thread mute at this point?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ana strong again, especially now that Brigitte and various other buffed heroes makes tank busting easier

1 Like

If they go for minor buffs, i hope they would make on many on her existing skills.

• Higher ammo is done

• Faster shooting rate : thats for me on of the reason she is outhealed in many situations, actually was playing 10m ago , thinking about buffs/nerfs trying to keep my tank alive and frustrated by the low speed of the weapon.

• Faster reload. (maybe not needed now we have more ammo)

• Sleepdart CD 2s reduced: Its the only survival skill, once you used it, succeded or not, especially agaisnt flankers, you just are a piece of meat. also ever had those situation when you used you sleep to survive, have the time to kill your slept opponent, and an ult that you could have slept come in and you still dont have it. i spend my time monitoring ennemies ult. and keeping my sleep for genjis is making me live hell for survival.

• Maybe a escape skill, its the only sniper that cannot get fast in safety or high ground to be able to have a good view on all teammates. not a wall climb for our fav grandma, but a limited sprint at least, but please a little jump/leap (like her highlight intro) to be able to go in high grounds that are kinda easy to go with a little boost.
    Like how in hell ana cannot go on the anubis defense high ground with widow. its also a sniper and needs like half a meter to reach it. or volskaya center room roof on first point def. those are ridiculously “almost there spots” that ana should be able to get to.

Big problem will remain that she cannot heal through shields tho. I dunno how to handle that, since we cannot say “only allow the healing” the ammo of ana are detmined heals or venom when hitting the target.

Edit: ALSO im fcking pissed that blizzard creates so low-skillcap lmbftw heroes that are way more op that high skillcap heroes. i understand when they talked about mercy on how its important that easy heroes have to be in, the game for the ppl that wanna play casually with friends but dont wanna train their aim hard.
But i dont see why they need to release 2 others in a row and make the vor viable than more interesting and difficult heroes.

The point of this thread was that they’re not buffing her enough. Yes, no one has called her balanced in months. But if they pointlessly let her shoot through full hp targets (irrelevant since she can’t even see through them) and add 4 clips to her ammo they call it a day. THAT is the problem. The reason that I made this thread is that they said they plan to buff her, but so far she’s only receiving miniscule quality of life changes which have no impact on her state in the game and the devs say she doesn’t need any more.

How can you call Moira’s orb counterable and then talk about Ana’s sleep as if it wasn’t just as counterable? They’re both just as counterable but here’s the gag; ONE OF THEM HAS TO AIM. Lol.
Not only does Ana heal less, average less damage and kills, she has NO survivability, is the only healer that has to waste an ability to heal herself for not even FULL hp sometimes, her heals can get negated by A LOT of heroes, requires LOS, and to top it off, everything in her kit requires good aim.
If Ana was as good as you’re making her out to be, she’d be played more than Moira with deathball in the OWL. What comp does she compliment that Moira/Mercy do not?
When you think about the main healers, there’s clear weaknesses that are made up for by absurdly strong abilities (Rez), mobility (Guardian Angel) or good group healing and insane self sustain (Moira). Ana does less healing than Mercy and Moira and less damage than Moira while being the healer with the highest skill ceiling and floor. No mobility, m1, sleep and nade can be eaten, deflected, missed, and blocked by shields. She also has to reload every 10 shots. Can’t tell you how many times I could’ve saved someone but I had to reload. Or how many times I could’ve saved someone but D.Va ate my heals when Winston blocked them. Or someone got in the way. Moira/Mercy/Zen/Lucio/Brigitte can’t relate. This would be fine if she was insanely strong at something, but she isn’t. She’s a worse healer than both healers and a worse dueler than Moira. She cannot shine because her weaknesses are just too much for what she has to offer.
I haven’t done comp this season but last season I placed 4250, and Ana is my 2nd most played hero, and mind you I have several accounts. I average 70%+ scoped and unscoped, yet have the hardest time playing Ana in comps where she should thrive in (Rein/Zarya). Then I switch to Moira and I survive more, bring in more heals AND damage. Why does Ana require so much skill, yet such little reward? Why was Mercy, a hero who takes no mechanical skill and has good mobility so overpowered for 6 months, but Ana is suffering from the dev’s being scared to buff her. Why are you scared to buff one of the hardest heroes in the game but you let Mercy be the most overpowered hero in the game for 6 months? It’s just not fair for Ana mains.

Consider also that Blizz added a lot more CC since then (Brigitte, ahem), I would say a beyblading Reaper can be stopped easier than NanoBlade.

Maybe, I still don’t want to see it back at all. And that’s only if Brig kept her current build which is already being changed on the ptr.