Either nerf shatter damage or nerf Echo copy of Rein

Echo copy Rein currently is just a Rein spamming 200 damage shatters. It’s completely stupid and a massive massive oversight.

Rein didn’t need a shatter buff. You did it anyway… And we can all agree Echo needed no buffs, being able to spam shatter after copying Rein was already completely busted, now add 200 damage to the shatters. It’s completely stupid and needs removing.

Either massively nerf the shatter damage, or massively nerf Echo ult, because it is completely gamebreaking currently There is absolutely nothing you can do, you WILL die to Echo Rein copy.

4 Likes

The Buff does make him more fun though

1 Like

How exactly? The buff just removes any element of skill from using shatter.

Not only that, it makes a character that people regularly complain about (Echo), even more powerful because when she copies Rein, she can literally spam 200 damage shatters for 10 seconds. It’s SO stupid and such a huge oversight. They never take into account Echo when they mindlessly buff something that doesn’t need to be buffed.

This needs to be changed. Either especially on the Rein copy by Echo, or on Rein himself. Either way, REMOVE THAT CRAP FROM ECHO.

1 Like

Personally I don’t think it’s a problem. Just kill echo. Or don’t get shattered.

2 Likes

Was shatter the buff he needed? No. Does it help him though? Yes. It actually gives Rein options when you have Hogs, Brigs, or other Reins etc just walking right up to the shield or past him. Now they actually have to play smart and back off.

Echo on the other hand…that makes a ton of sense but that also means you’re just in Echo’s face. Frankly I always felt her ability to copy a hero is a fun ult to have. Maybe just make her take more damage in her copy form? That way she can at least be bursted down.

That’s honestly unnecessary. If your teammates focus fire Echo copy, you’ll burn down the health pool before Echo has a chance to get value.

Nerfing Echo because low ranked players can’t play the game correctly is not how you solve these kinds of problems.

4 Likes

Pls go away…

20 char limit.

5 Likes

Tanks in general need a bit more love. There’s a reason nobody is playing them and they get loot boxes and credits just for queuing up lol.

1 Like

Rein isn’t exactly in a great place right now, I am glad players like yourself aren’t in control of balance changes. We need people with actual game sense and deep understanding of the game to be balancing it.

-The OW team are lacking this too. Put someone who has common sense and spends 20 hours a week playing the current patch to balance it without bias.

The OW team don’t even play the game, when asked they responded with they play their own internal patches; such a joke and explains how they’re so out of touch with the game.

1 Like

Have you tried not being melee range?

1 Like

I main tanks! It’s not always fun though :frowning:

Our echo replicated as Rein and dropped right in the middle of their team. I nanoed him on his way down and he got his ult in a blink of an eye. Safe to say their team didn’t last long. Never seen such a fast ult.

1 Like

Lets realize that nano does 50% damage boost which means faster ult charge :woman_shrugging:t2:

Assuming people are “low ranked” isn’t a good thing.

“Just burst the Echo” could be said as a counter to every single ability in game.
Rally? “Just burst the Brig”
Doesn’t really work like that, there is an entire team supporting that hero, it’s not just them and if it IS just them, YOU’RE the one who is low ranked.

Echo copy is possibly the most gamebreaking ultimate in game. There is a reason we’re 2-2-2, she breaks that mould with her ultimate.

If there is, as an example, a Monkey and a Zarya on the field, their Echo copies a Rein. There is now a Monkey, a Zarya and a Rein on the field… You can’t “Just burst the Echo copy”, frankly, 1 hit with a hammer or fire strike and that Rein copy has a shatter and that team fight is completely unwinnable at all with the current Shatter damage output.

I brought this up on a Cyx stream and was told that it doesn’t work at High ELO… Funnily, about 45 minutes after somebody copied Rein and teamwiped him. I lol’d a lot. You don’t really understand how insane it is until you experience it. There isn’t a whole lot that you can do about it unless that Echo is terrible and uses Copy alone with no support.