Editing Twitch Channel Badge

The “Gear” icon for the following is not present. Why is this the case?

“Click on the “Gear” icon in the Chat window and select Edit Appearance to select the Level 1 (Bronze) Overwatch League Channel Badge.”

Please help this confused man. Thank you!

I have the 2019, OWL All-Access pass.

4 Likes

BUMP! I literally have exactly the same issue and I really want the Ashe emote for the challenge. I’ve got the access pass so I have the badge unlocked, but when I click the gear there is no Edit Appearance option. Just Timestamps, Readable Colours, Show Chat Rules, Hide Chat, and Popout. I sent Twitch a request for help but didn’t get a response.

2 Likes

I also have this issue, I’ve tried being in the regular stream chat, but I have none of the right twitch options that should let me change the badge in other channel chats either.

Please heeeelp!

2 Likes

Same issue here, very very frustrating. I’ve tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Brave, and even IE to no avail.

2 Likes

Also used different browers. Going to see if I can make any changes when logged into the twitch app on my phone :frowning:

3 Likes

Im Having the same issue plz help!

2 Likes

Can’t change anything on the twitch app. I also sent a message to Twitch support, hopefully they respond… I want the Ashe emote! :frowning:

Also tried using my 4G and logging in with the mobile browser, no dice. Must be some weirdness attached to specific accounts or region? My second twitch account doesn’t work either…

3 Likes

I’ve emailed Twitch with a link to this page and with a reddit thread on r/twitch so hopefully we’ll get this fixed or at least given the emote after the fact :confused: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/atoqdo/edit_appearance_not_appearing/

2 Likes

Has twitch gotten back to anyone yet?

2 Likes

Not yet. Still waiting and trying

2 Likes

ok cool ill keep trying aswell

1 Like

Gave up for now, still busted. I don’t expect Twitch to respond timely, but I’ll respond here also if they reply to my support ticket

2 Likes

Same, I’d love to get some sort of gifted unlock after the fact as I can prove I was watching and unable to click Edit Appearance. Recommend you guys do the same. Take a screenshot of the cog pop up while the date and time is up on your screen and send that as an attachment to Twitch on the support page.

1 Like

Same problem here. rebooted, cleared history, different browsers, etc, etc, etc. Everything I can think of to solve it. A friend has shown me where it is on their account, and it’s straight up missing from mine. I’m going to miss out on this Ashe emote because I can’t access this.

2 Likes

Is it region specific? I’m UK based…

1 Like

I’m US based and have this problem.

1 Like

So its not that. Hmmm, desperately trying to figure out what the issue could be :confused:

1 Like

If you download the Twitch desktop app you should be able to edit it. It sucks that you can’t do it in the web browser as of now but this should help you get the emote.
Edit: It also appeared in the browser after editing it in the app.

2 Likes

The reddit post contained advice which finally helped me and I unlocked the badge!

Download the twitch desktop app, and then follow the instructions as normal to where the badge should be (chat settings when in the regular OWL twitch chat)

Get those emotes!

2 Likes

IT WORKS <3 Thanks so much guys xxx

4 Likes