EDIT: Overwatch is TRASH

over the years i have stopped playing overwatch and started up again. every year my ranked SR going down gradually, i was platinum, then gold, then silver, and now bronze… You can’t carry yourself out of bronze by healing.

i just healed 21k and still lost because the tanks were counter picking themselves and the DPS werent’ doing any damage. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game 5 times over the past 3 days out of frustration.

The fact that i can lose SR after playing an amazing game is absolutely ridiculous and the game penalizes healers in this way. And i am constantly reminded of why i keep stop playing this game when i enjoy healing. its utter trash to its healers.

23 Likes

Everybody has this I mainly play dps but also quite a bit of support and tank and it doesn’t matter which role you play sometimes you’re just gonna have tanks that play too aggressive or too passive (usually the latter) or just feed and die sometimes you’re gonna have dps that don’t know they can shoot enemies or supports that don’t know they can heal

6 Likes

in bronze silver and sometimes even gold, you can kill you way out with bap

7 Likes

Lesson: dont be a healbot.
If you have 0 impact, you have 0 impact and deserve to drop.

21 Likes

Basically what the person above me said. Healing a ton is great, but if you aren’t making your own plays then you’re entirely at the mercy of your team. I suffer from the same problem, I am very defensive which I hear is a good habit for high level or premade skirmish games, but terrible for climbing.

5 Likes

In how long of a game?
In 15 minutes? Impressive! Very!
18? Impressive?
20? Not
24? Very poor

Raw stats are far less meaningful than stats/time.

9 Likes

Yep,
switching to an other healer like Zen, bapt, ana will fix this issue.

2 Likes

What the guy above said is true. don’t be a healbot. If they have dive, go brig. If they have rein zar, go zen and perma discord enemy rein (and instruct your team to burst him down). If you have no idea what the enemy will play and the map has good sightlines, go bap. These 3 heroes are meta for a reason. Use them / swap to them and you’ll do better.

4 Likes

Not sure who told you that but high level games are won based on controlled aggression

1 Like

You also have to be way more careful because the competition at that level (or coordination, in the case of skirmishes) means being slightly out of position or overzealous means you’re getting picked.

Totally different game than if you’re just yoloing around in plat to make big plays because no one is going to punish you.

2 Likes

thank you all for the useless advice. you’re acting like i wasn’t platinum when i played the game the first couple of seasons. i understand how the game works. And the game is sh*t for healers in low SR. Periodt. i can’t outdamage my way out of a sh**ty team as lucio or zen. pertiodt.

3 Likes

just get a new account this game is pay to win sometimes

2 Likes

Plat when? Plat 2 years ago is like Bronze/Silver now. There’s a constant, downward pressure one has to overcome just to maintain a rank.

8 Likes

Even t500 montages from 2016 look like mid diamond gameplay now. So your expectations may be way out of skew. Generally speaking there’s no way you play +1000k sr above your current skill but don’t rank up. You might just have to deal with being silver/gold

2 Likes

plat plays like masters from 5 seasons ago even

1 Like

if u go down that much its YOUR fault. not every game will be entirely your fault for loosing but you ALWAYS play a role in loosing no matter what.

1 Like

Hey. Bap, zen, and brig are actually the best characters in the game right now. More so of zen than anyone else. Give him a shot. He’s free sr

1 Like

man it’s not just for healers, you could’ve stopped at overwatch is trash right now and you’d be even more right

1 Like

what are you on about, support is the best role in the game

you SUPPORT the team not just heal them, to win you need to support whoever needs it the most not just farm healing and complain about your teammates

2 Likes

overwatch is only trash for supports that dont know how to play the role

3 Likes