(EDIT: i dont actually think they hate tank players)

Thanks for the input Jeff, are there any planned changes for any tank heroes coming down the line?

Roadhog, maybe?

9 Likes

Looking good, Boss. :jack_o_lantern: Ready for Halloween.

2 Likes

This is why the devs donā€™t post here that often anymore.

44 Likes

Yes, Roadhog changes were intended for this round of PTR but required animation so theyā€™ve been delayed a bit. Heā€™s not getting a ā€œreworkā€ā€¦ just some tuning/balancing. Will take a bit more time then the recent PTR changes that went up, however.

165 Likes

Awesome to hear, thanks for letting us know!

9 Likes

Doesnā€™t mean tanking isnā€™t tedious

3 Likes

BUNKER COMP MAY BE MAKING A COMEBACK!

1 Like

Right now, people donā€™t play tanks as anchors. They play them as damage-dealers with more health. Changes to existing heroes have made a lot of the tanks vulnerable to barrier damage and crowd control. They need to be more capable of withstanding burst damage and crowd control.

4 Likes

Hi Jeff,

Are there any planned changes down the line for Reaper?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in, and hopefully the community doesnā€™t bum you out too much

12 Likes

tanking in solo Q and in 3-6 stacks is difrent game entirely

in solo i can see its hard to play tanks if your team are just doing their own things

but in 3-6 stacks playing tanks actually enjoyable, your support keep healing you, ure dps also got your back

tanks only good as his team allowed him be

6 Likes

Thanks!

Also, if you have time fight now, do you have any new on Bastion?

Great to hear Hog is getting buffs!

6 Likes

More and more new and reworked heroes are becoming tank busters, with high damage outputs or highly disruptive abilities. I think the complaint is that what a tank has to do right now, to be of value, is soak up abilities from the enemy team rather than aim to survive.

I get the damage soaking, butā€¦ Have you guys considered a cleanse-style hero that can aid against some of this barrage? Something that can be conducive to teamwork and help tanks feel a little more at ease with the recent balance changes.

11 Likes

A tank that provides team buffs rather than a physical barrier, a buff akin to Orisaā€™s fortify maybe?

3 Likes

We just need a variety of new and varied supports to open up the viable comps.

There are too many problems with those ideas. They can enable other heroes too much and toning the down just make sure them bad.

1 Like

Worth.

9 Likes

When is d.va gonna get her health tuned? Her survivability is in a horrible state.

1 Like

I donā€™t think making Rein or Orisa into dive tanks would be good for the game.

5 Likes

Not to sound ungrateful butā€¦any changes for Mercy? she feels really hollow to play.

22 Likes

Turns ult is not a problem for flankers as the all have methods of getting around it lol

And with the snipers and dive tanks

This is meant for deathball characters