(EDIT: i dont actually think they hate tank players)

We could hear “blizz hates tanks” at brigitte release.
We could hear that “rein is impossible coz CC and bugs”

Does pickrate confirm it? Naah.
Also, i love cardinal meta changes, let’s see what happens

2 Likes

explain to me how a random team in comp can counter goats better than a professional team?

im based a pro teams coordination against a pugs coordination…

how is this hard to understand?

if goats is optimal at that high of a level then it is more optimal at lower levels.

i have literally been seeing rein shatter animation bugs in 1 out of every 2 games lately…

That doesn’t really make him a main tank though. Winston is also the least tanky tank from the main tanks. People only use Winston and hammond because they work well for dive but neither one of them is a truly a main tank.

1 Like

Erm…

Winston is definitely a main tank…

1 Like

Yes but not very good one outside of dive since his bubble is pretty weak. Hammond however doesn’t have even that so 0 protection for the team from him.

1 Like

He can body block and distract enemies to keep most fire on him while your teammates still attacks more squishy targets, initiating fights and distracting is also a well working form of tanking.

winston is a pretty good main tank.

i mean even in this meta hes still very good if played correctly.

im not sure what were talking about here, hammond fits into main tank role more than off.

he usually engages and disrupts while waiting on followup, of tanks are for peel and crap tonnes of damage.

literally being able to stand infront of a squishy is not really how a main tank is defined

1 Like

His body block is just as useful as having a roadhog (even less since he doesn’t stay in one place for long)
Distracting the enemies is what an off-tank does.

1 Like

Hammond is an off tank. Don’t run him as a main tank

2 Likes

Not necessarily, tanks are mostly about creating space, and Hammond is very good at that.
I can see him working in a Chaos Dive, where the enemy gets disrupted hard by Hammond, attracting all of their attention, breaking their lines while the DPS and D.Va can pick them off.

1 Like

enjoy literally not being able to kill anything.

1 Like

this seems to be how hes run in pro scene ( if ever ) and high rank.

At least it’s slowly destroying Goats.

He is still a tank. He is just not a main tank.
In a standard comp he can replace hog and d.va but not rein and orisa who are the actual main tanks.

3 Likes

suspected this but I want to hope hahaha.
That being said, she’ll still be a good turret killer and can reliably escape his ult, unlike many of the base-armor heroes. Can probably clean him up if the moment’s right or he’s not at full health.

How do you mean?

Eh, I think he works as the main tank in the Chaos Dive I described. he’s like a traditional tank: damage sponge with good CC.

1 Like

massive amounts of heals in the game.

meta is around sustain( goats )

or massive burst damage ( doomfist/widow/hanzo/zarya/dva )

simply put he doesnt do enough consistent dps at least not enough to come close to Zarya or dva.

Okay? That doesn’t make him not an off-tank.

Besides, who said I was playing him? I play D.Va and Zarya; haven’t really felt obligated to play Hammond much.

What bothers me the most is that they refuse to give movement abilities to the shield tanks. Hanzo and Genji can use a double dash every few seconds, or climb wall to get away. ARen’t they already fast enough? Why do they get to move quicker? Yet, Rein and Orisa continue to just be sitting ducks, and with Mercy’s nerf, she can’t just stand there and keep them alive anymore since there are so many 1-trick kill heroes in the game now. Something is wrong when the shield tank character is a must to slowly push forward, yet knowone is interested in playing it.

PS>I don’t consider Winston as a viable shield tank since he’s usually off on his own shielding himself only.

4 Likes