Echo will be a Primary Healer

While I don’t like the idea of a new DPS, I would be quite pleased if it were echo. I like going against the grain

1 Like

Echo will be the support that symmetra tried to be.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider mercy a secondary healer. She does the second most healing in the game behind Moira…and they don’t count her rez as part of her healing.

So she’ll be reworked twice and become a dps in a couple years?

1 Like

I think people don’t want to believe she’s a primary healer, but she still is. Like you can run Mercy-Zen or Mercy-Lucio, but you’ll have a hard time running Lucio-Zen or Lucio-Brig. It’s possible to win the latter combos, but there’s a clear difference between the healing you’re going to get between these support combos.

I get that people want to talk Mercy down so she might get looked at again, but it’s sort of disingenuous to refer to Mercy as an off-support just because she’s seen as being a weak primary support (though I disagree with this perception as well).

I think Mercy is only considered an off healer, because teams are so heal hungry. You can have a Moira and Ana firing into an ally who is naded and the ally can still find a way to die. It’s the reason Bapt is becoming a must pick, because of Immortality Field.

Mercy is a main support. Always was. Always will be.

She has the second highest healing in the game. For ****s sake.

1 Like

She is.

These forums are just determined to make her sound worse than she is.

Bring is also decent at long ranged healing too

Off Supports have AOE defensive ults and low hps. Main Supports have targeted defensive ults and high hps.
Mercy has a targeted defensive ult and high hps.
Mercy is a main healer.

1 Like

Mercy is a primary healer though. And Bap is kind of in-between.

He has like 60 hps. He’s a main healer.

1 Like

What?

Baptiste is much more reliable as MH than Mercy nowadays.

Edit: Mercy should be a main healer, but she is definitely not competing with the other main healers right now. She feels like someone who is “in between” secondary healers and main healers.

Honestly, I think secondary healer suits her more right now, even though she was a main healer for most of this game’s existence.

I hope not.

We need a new off healer to balance it out, since we have 4 main healers and 3 offhealers

Mercy is definitely a main healer, since she averages the second most. She’s an offensive healer, who trades some of her healing for reliability, mobility and utility

Plus, assuming she’s going to be a flying hero, we don’t need 2 flying main healers. Plus her design just generally looks very niche, if that makes sense?

I bet she’ll be the off healer version of mercy

Hell, honestly I’d like her to fit in between main healer and off healer, kinda like brig but reliable

Only by sheer numbers. Mercy’s healing is still technically more consistent and target focused. Bap struggles to consistently heal airborne, or elevated teammates.

It’s more than just sheer hps that makes someone a main healer.

All charactesr have their niche’s. Healing high ground is not Baptiste’s. He’s good at healing the ground. That’s why he has an arcing projectile and easy access to high ground.

See my post above. Baptiste has high hps, burst healing, and a targeted support ult. He’s easily a main healer.

Every other healer can heal someone at generally any position when they need it.

Baptiste is the only one that generally struggles with this. it’s a pretty significant detriment for someone who can be seen as a main healer.

You’re emphasizing sheer HPS too much. Consistency is also every bit as important. Mercy is more consistent than Baptiste. In fact, she’s the most consistent of any of them.

I would consider Bapt and Mercy can be used to great effect in the off support slot but Mercy has trouble keeping up with burst damage on tanks where as Ana, Bapt and Moria have abilities that increase their HPS output to deal with it better, something that Mercy does not have.

Hey man I think you’re wrong and I’m gonna leave it at that. I just don’t have it in me for long debates today.

1 Like

This aged well. GGEZ

1 Like