Echo might be the perfect hero nemesis to Doomfist

Doomfist has a very darwinistic philosophy. “Only the strong survive” is his outlook, and he fancies himself as being very adaptive and being strengthened from defeat.

Echo is literally designed to be adaptive and evolving. What happens if these two clash? Is Echo the best hope agaisnt Doomfist and Talon in general?

You know, it’s actually too bad her story is focusing around stopping bad omnics instead of Talon, but maybe the story will lead into that direction.

3 Likes

Orisa was literally built to oppose Doomfist.

8 Likes

Symmetra will most likely hush him as his chaos clashes with her order. Also Symmetra is the strongest hero lorewise where can create mega-structures with hardlight.

1 Like

The thing is, I don’t think Doomfist see himself as embodying chaos, or a representative of it. He doesn’t dislike order in the way Symmetra dislikes chaos. I think Doomfist is ultimately for order, but that order ultimately must arise from chaos. Doomfist basically merges the philosophies of darwinism and daoism (which argues that order and chaos are integral aspects of life, and that life cycles between them).

In this sense, Doomfist is more of a foil to Symmetra than she is to him. They both want order, but Symmetra thinks that order should be built directly, where as Doomfist thinks order must first come from chaos.

Anyway, regarding Echo, I think “foil” was the better word than “nemesis”. Both Echo and Doomfist are all about adaptation, but Echo uses her adaptive powers to help people and make the world a better place. That flies right in the face of Doomfist’s philosophy because he thinks the weak shall fall, and the strong and adaptive shall thrive. Yet here’s this strong and adaptive hero helping “the weak” in his mind. And if they were to ever clash, she would be just as adaptive, or even more adaptive than him in a duel.

In short, she’s his foil, because she’s the ultimate embodiment of what he represents, but she uses that “embodiment” to do exactly the opposite of what he wants. I could see Doomfist hating her with a passion, but he wouldn’t hate Symmetra (his interactions with her suggests he’s intrigued by Symmetra).

I dont really think hes set on the view of Social Darwinism that much. I feel like his main philosophy is more so “humanity can only improve with war”, so perhaps zenyatta would be a better nemesis to Doomfist given peace is his goal

What if Doomfist knows his own weaknesses or limitations and he used them against Echo?

1 Like