Easy way to reduce Mercy complaints

The thing is… No one can really define these concepts in a universally acceptable way. What it takes to make Mercy Fun, Worthwhile, and Balanced… Is not a defined thing. Just hypotheticals and speculation that is endlessly argued over.

Thus… Why things are how they are.

3 Likes

Well, they can make her be more interactive, with a balanced pickrate. That would be a good start.

1 Like

They could also send me to Mars.

Theres still a lot of stuff involved in getting me from here to there.

To do that they need to get rid of rez, and add a intermediate skill between pocketing and not doing enough sustain

there needs to be a way to regulate her 50 HPS and it would be a great character.

but no rez and we riot, right?

1 Like

I mean… sure.

But I feel like it’s safe to say that if this past year has proven anything, it’s that saying is much easier than doing.

Much easier solution is just ban everyone who brings her up. There won’t be any more complaints if there’s no one left to complain :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, here’s an example of two more interactive and worthwhile configurations.

Or

• 50 hps
  • 80hps heal boost for 2 seconds on 10 second cooldown
  • Single rez with a lot less slow/cast time on Q during Valk

–

Maybe add on Agnostika’s idea that if you get 1 charge of rez during Valk, that you can store up to 3 charges from 3 Valks without using Rez.

All your suggestions have one fatal flaw;

rez.

1 Like

If Mercy can be underpowered with Rez, and overpowered with Rez, I don’t see any reason why she can’t be balanced with Rez.

12 Likes

Not gonna lie. Worth a shot, like yolo and what not. FOR THE SAKE OF SCIENCE!

We just never know how it will play out. You know this though. You are an advocate of working with what we have instead of advocating some great shift. Considering that, I think theres also a desire to say maintain Mercy as a simplistic and entry level hero. Adding complicating factors, like say resource meter rez, could undermine that and might be discouraged because of it. There is reason to believe so given dev comments.

We also have to acknowledge some might be angry about having to change in such a degree. I think of Syms beam losing Lock On. Its not for all… Thats the real rub of the issue. There is no one size fits all.

Personally, Id enjoy both Mercy skill expression and viability in higher tiers. For some, theyd rather just have their bran of fun and screw the rest. Thats tough. Hard situation.

the reason both of those two statements are true is because the final statement cannot be true

I mean, it seems like if it is mathematically possible to go too high, and too low.

I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be possible to find something in the middle.

5 Likes

To be completely fair, while I agree with your logic, perhaps it is impossible with the current Mercy, they would need to substantially change her to hit that sweet spot, I imagine.

Rez isn’t a number, it’s a method of gameplay and that’s a very sensitive variable 2 years of balancing showed it’s impossible for THEM to do

Well, I understand Mercy probably wouldn’t be sufficiently fun with this.

But if 60hps with rez is too much, 50hps with rez is too little. 55hps would probably be technically balanced.

And in the process making people leave their game if they implement that kind of free speech silencing.

1 Like

The meta we play is so burst damage dependent quite honestly i don’t want to see just a +5 HPS buff.

She needs a way to regulate her healing in perspective of all this burst.

Even if they buffed her, i would argue she would still be considered a troll pick

1 Like

Valkyrie spear FTW!!

True, but the difference between 50% of the people who main the hero being upset vs 5% is massive.

2 Likes

Now that is an interesting idea.

What if Mercy had a heal boost on a resource meter. Similar to Dva matrix.

I’m too tired to contemplate the implications of that. maybe someone else can handle that.

it doesn’t sound like it would blend well with her when she has to juggle a lot of things (positioning, enemy and team locations)… i don’t think i’d enjoy having to juggle a meter ontop of that. i would prefer to have a single target buff to my ally.

but what i can say is that i wish she could temporarily reduce incoming damage taken to a certain teammate. She still is a pocket machine. but she can’t even hard pocket someone without them dying, and them using rez. they nerfed her ability to heal so rez was justified. it’s really just a waste of a slot, and she deserves to be engaging without that crap ability.