Easy Way to Nerf Zen Without Ruining Him

Take away his wall-hack. Right now he basically has wall hack on whomever he’s discording. I see no reason why this is necessary for him.

2 Likes

He needs to have at least 1-2 seconds of discord remaining after LOS breaking so it isn’t broken by stupid things like a light post or just blinking around his screen.

He could stand to lose a second of it though. If I were to nerf him, and I don’t necessarily agree that he needs one, I think discord breaking after 2 seconds instead of 3 would be reasonable.

3 Likes

No I’m not saying that discord should break when he loses LoS. I’m saying that he shouldn’t be able to see his discord orb through walls.

2 Likes

Wait, why does Zenyatta need to be nerfed?

150 Likes

Is zen a problem? This is possibly the first thread I’ve seen … well… since the new forums came up.

36 Likes

Oh. Well then I disagree. :\

Although i dont think zen needs a nerf(zen main lol) i wouldn’t mind that change.

You mean you aren’t aware that Zen is generally considered the best character in the game right now?

2 Likes

Zen is like where I think we should be aiming for every heroes power level

He is a about balance and some how through everything he just feels balanced

12 Likes

That would be Hanzo, not Zenyatta lol.

40 Likes

Nope. Thought it was Brigitte. Count the threads on the top. I see … yours for zen, and maybe… 5 for Brigitte.

Umm no, Hanzo is considered the best DPS, but not best character overall.

1 Like

Because he’s balanced. You don’t nerf a balanced character for being balanced.

31 Likes

Zen doesn’t need a nerf at all.

I have no issues dealing with enemy Zens when I’m not playing him.

15 Likes

That’s not how that works. Being balanced doesn’t make a hero the best choice. Being OP makes a hero the best choice.

2 Likes

Which is why Zenyatta is balanced. He’s useful in many scenarios, but not necessarily all, can fit in many comps but not all of them, and has weaknesses that balance out his strengths, such as his lack of mobility and fragility. He’s not necessary, but he is useful.

6 Likes

That’s also not how that works. There is always best choice.

If you have a hero being picked overly much, you examine why and you look at his competition.

Lucio isn’t in great shape and Brigitte is not really that great at healing. She’s a great support, but not because of her heals.

Zen is well balanced - let’s leave him alone please.

18 Likes

Honestly, I think Zen’s right click needs to be looked at. No support should be able to one shot multiple characters. I think it should be toned down a bit.

Hanzo is literally OP at this moment and enforces the meta. Everything revolved around him and if you don’t have a Hanzo on your team atm, you’re throwing.

Just because you practically one trick him on comp doesn’t make this less true.

Leave zen alone, he already got his right click nerf.

10 Likes