Easy value heroes, please adjust

So since it’s been a while since syms autofollow beam is gone, you would think that maybe its time to move from such abilites, so could we maybe have heroes that provide value very easily changed a bit ? I understand that you want something even for people with 16 fps and 97 years old grandmas to be able to play, but think about majority of your playerbase.
Moiras both right and left click need to be adjusted, straighten up mercys beam like syms maybe, for same reason genji doesnt swing a sword outside of ult mode - then why would Reinhardt be able to do it ?
But since devs don’t read this anyway I guess this is just a form of rant then.

1 Like

How would you change “easy to get value out of” heroes?

When you say “easy value”, what you really seem to mean is “lower/no aim requirements”. I reach this conclusion because you mentioned Rein and Mercy.

However, both those heroes are anything but “easy value”. Mercy in particular is easily the hardest support to play for me. The sheer amount of decision making and awareness that goes into getting good value out of Mercy is far beyond my skill level.

7 Likes

It appears you’ve DESPERATELY missed the part about Overwatch being an FPS with MOBA-based origins.

4 Likes

Mercy is a low/no aim character but her movement set is arguably the hardest to master out of the Support. It’s between her and Lucio.

2 Likes

My bad for trying to use as few words as possible since poople tend to run away from longer texts.
Its relation with skill floor and skill ceiling. Those heroes and some others mentioned have skill floor way too high.
Sure skill ceiling is pretty high on the higher end with all the needed desicionmaking, good positioning and movement mechanics.
However its precisely skill floor im targeting here - take a low level ana and low level mercy in comparison. The most basic skill floor need for support is providing healing - which is insanely easier to provide for mercy than it is for ana - then running away due to mobility on shift is far easier than actually landing a sleep, shields not blocking mercy heals while they do for ana and so on.
Same thing for rein - basic value is provided by holding rightclick and taking space by simply holding right click - while again pay attention to lower tiers and skill floor - taking same space with winston or ball is multiple times harder.
The most basic excuse for such differences would be something like - ‘yes but anas skill ceiling is higher and 2 players who reached those ceilings competing against each other - mercy player would clearly be at disadvantage’ which is not the case - because value wise at the top end they are very close to each other, making aim required heroes that are obviously more mechanically demanding to play essencially useless - they provide no extra reward compared to taking the easier path.

And there shouldn’t be any advantage either. Mechanical skill isn’t what this game is all about. Every hero shines in their own way.

3 Likes

Skill = aim

Got it

/s

Do you know that positioning , ability / cooldown management and targething key enemies is much harder than aim ?
since it actually requires brain rather than rough playing

6 Likes

So why was sym then nerfed back in the days ? wasnt she shining in her own way ?

you must be new to games, keyboard , and even Chess or rational thinking.nowdays even lazies egirl can bind a macros on super jump and just flying around, especialy with pharah to terrorize gold elos and below

nice joke ,made me haha. dont dare compare to the King

at less it dont.
lets say you both have 1 tank 2 suports and 2 sniper dps, when tanks give time and supports maitain that time for longer
immagine your dps or sniper as a broken bucket. NO MATTER HOW much water you will fill (time) it will never be full.

the only correct way is that people play OW like it is CoD and go die respawn repeat at any lvl even in GM, when it must played like tactical shooter like valorant or cs:go.
every death is = travel time + 10sec resp+ lost charge dmg and feed enemy ults to roll you next time

1 Like

A. Macro won’t work for super jump as timing is based on distance in x,y, and z position of target and mercy.

B. Using macros is bannable offense.

2 Likes

Sym used to be considered a "throw " pick . When I first started, my aim was absolutely terrible so I picked characters that didn’t need aim (rein , Zarya, Mercy , and sym) . I got a lot of crap from people when I picked sym , which sometimes ( more than half my games) set people into a nerd rage so they say they reported me , or were gonna throw themselves. Whatever though, good times , I miss the barrier she could launch , I canceled so many diva ults and rein ults with it .

3 Likes

Aim =/= skill. With rein you have to barrier manage, manage cooldowns, know when to charge, when to counter charge, when to push andwork around your team to make space. You can’t just stand in a choke right clicking and say that’s job done, same as you can just go super aggro, charge to narnia and start swinging and hope that works.

2 Likes

I always chuckle a bit when people say that x,y,z hero takes no skill. They might not take skill in general, but mastering any character, especially when the majority of the enemy team is your counter and you getting up on top in the end actually does require skill.

I never considered skill to only be connected to “how good one aims”. Outsmarting your counter takes skill. Outsmarting anyone on the enemy team takes skill.

I am not a Junk player by far for example (I have less than 5 hr on him), but watching some streamers dunking on Pharah while playing Junk actually takes skill. Getting to T500 on “non meta heroes” takes more skill in general than getting to T500 on Meta heros.

You actually have to put more effort and time into mastering those heroes and being able to do the unthinkable to get to the highest ranks and make the enemy counter actually fear you and play passive around you. You making yourself a real threat.

4 Likes

A lot of the ‘‘super easy’’ heroes aren’t even played that much in high ranks. So how are they an issue? Does your ego hurt when you see a Junkrat in the same rank as you when you play, let’s say, Widow?

Some players expect respect from random strangers online by playing the ‘‘hardest’’ heroes. I’d advice playing what you want and stop looking for validation in a videogame. And also, looking down on others for their heropool of choise is immature.

3 Likes

Tbh high ranks tend to be more hypocritical when it comes to this topic.

No one is going to flame a famous streamer or an ex OWL (or current OWL) player for picking an off meta hero. Not saying that those people would pick it, but hypothetically if they would. No one would ever report them or be toxic to them in chat since it is like a well known streamer or an OWL players.

Most of them will end up making youtube videos named “I got Q-ed with an OWL player and we popped off”.

If it was a “no name” Sym main in GM then they would be reported and avoided.

I am not saying that one should be an OTP or that one should be “pushing” the non meta heroes, I understand why meta is meta in high ranks and why some heroes excel more than others, I simply hate the hypocrisy that runs in high ranks.

It is ok if Stevoo runs Sym in your T500 matches but a non streamer who is not an e-celebrity runs then that is a blasphemy. The majority of streamers go “well it is gg, go next chat”.

I watch a lot of high ranked gameplay, I follow so many streamers, from the well known ones to the ones who have less than 100 viewers, and I have personally witnessed on those streams how biased they are towards their teammates picks depending on who is playing them.

2 Likes

What counts as an “easy value hero” is utterly controversial.

Moira?

• Easy to learn, relatively low skill ceiling
  • Considered trash in plat and above
  • Offers little “value” or utility in higher elos.

Soldier?

• Classical FPS hero
  • Straight forward gameplay (pun intended)
  • Hitscan with quite long TTK
  • Little “value” for higher elos.

Bastion?

• A walking machine gun with minor self healing
  • Big hitbox
  • Zero value, if you don’t build your whole comp around him.

Reaper?

• Basically just a pumpgun in your face
  • Little value in higher elos

So you obviously you don’t mean “low skill ceiling heroes” or “easy to learn heroes”?

Does McCree fit more into that category? He is a very basic hitscan hero like Soldier with a lot less mobility, but he can stun you from time to time. Currently the most hated hero. Is he “easy value”?

1 Like

Your beloved Ana is the second best performing healer in bronze so…