Easy fix to Mercy

1. Her pickrate is hovering at 60% / winrate is 50%.
  2. She doesn’t do “too much for her required skill” with almost the weakest Ult and weakest offensive capabilities.
  3. Jeff > any t500 player

Try again.

2 Likes

It does mean that xD High risk high reward my friend.

You clearly have no understanding as to how this game works or how balancing works.

2 Likes

Rez won’t be removed tho

2 Likes

Enlighten me then, tell me how this game works with one hero having 50 % pick rate at ALL ranks

Win rate… it’s not the same as pick rate and even if 50% pick rate is very very high.
Also i love Jeff but he already proved that he’s not the best at balance.

You do realize that balancing heroes based solely on pickrate (essentially popularity) is the worst way to balance a game right? Rein has a higher pickrate than Mercy, so should we nerf him too?

When did i say that it’s a good idea? I’m just saying that Mercy is too powerfull which contributes to her high pickrate. Rein has high pickrate only because of the meta

Cept… Mercy isn’t “too powerful”. She’s totally fine, and doesn’t need changes. And her stats prove that. Pickrates don’t dictate if a hero should be nerfed or not.

1 Like

She does need changes. People are so brainwashed because Mercy got nerfed so many times that they think it’s okay for mercy to be a must pick in comp. They prefer to buff other healers instead of nerfing mercy. Top 500 players even think that she is too powerful for the amount of skill required to play her.

Oh so this is all a brainwashing now? Even though stats, winrates, data, some of the Top 500 players (yes not every top 500 player wants to nerf mercy btw), and actually Jeff himself say otherwise? Okay, you make an excellent point then. Thanks for enlightening me. Let’s nerf Mercy then, full steam ahead!

/s

I do agree that mercy should be nerfed, but I think Rez should and could be worked around.

Say, maybe Rez didn’t ressurect someone with full health: the rezzes target had their maximum health reduced by 50% for the next 4 seconds or so.

Or keep the power of rez, but reduce her healing output. Keep reliable heals and an instant respawn while removing heal potency.

I’m no game designer, but I’m sure it can be tinkered with once Sym and Torb are taken care of.

Please no…no touchy Reinhardt. The only thing I want them to touch is the bugs riddling his code.

1 Like

It’s literally one person being ressed. Mercy already has a slow, LoS, and a delay. She’s mechanically and statistically fine. She doesn’t need a nerf.

That is an interesting idea. Could work. I think her heals are fine so i really like that rez nerf you presented

Reply to TobiasAlec:

One person that might win the enemy team the game like hanzo. An early game pick is hard to do and should be rewarding but Mercy can just rez the person like that never happened.

If we’re going to use “might” here, then I think the direction in balancing our heroes is flawed. A good game isn’t created on what “might” happen. You balance a game on what data is actually there. Right now that data proves that Mercy is balanced, whether you like to know that or not. Jeff and the devs already confirmed that she’s fine and that Res will not be removed.

Mercy with mass res averaged out at 3 heroes a game. If you can’t kill 3 people per game, the fault isn’t Mercy’s res.

no just removing her damage buff would be perfect. not rez

Come off an lunch break and log on forums to see an infestation of Nerf Mercy threads. Can we create something else people.

2 Likes

Sadly noone looks at threads about Ana for example :confused: i made this one because people overlook the rez

Blizzard doesn’t care very much about Ana anymore sadly.