East Coast players unite

Florida and my ping is 70~80.

Connecticut. My MS averages 45-50.

My ping is about 20. Couldn’t imagine playing on 80+ without getting frustrated. It’s the reason I can’t play PUBG. Their servers always give me an 80+ ping.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that…I feels

Eastern Virginia
Ping 60s :frowning:

Almost 80 and 80 is so disadvantageous

Damn you’re so lucky over there in the US. I live in the Middle East, and am forced to play on EU because there is no other option. For some very weird reason, my MS on EU is much lower than it is on Middle East servers.

Problem being, it’s still pretty damn high. I average above 90 MS consistently and the EU server is pretty much 1 server and that’s it. Since it’s EU, there are no sub servers that split the entire thing up to try to optimize everyone’s ping as far as I know.

Matches can be something like: 3 players from Middle East countries, someone from Russia, someone from Germany, someone from the UK, 2 people from Spain, someone from Italy, 2 people from Greece and someone from Romania. You just get people from all over the EU in 1 server. There are no western EU, central EU and eastern EU servers to help that and have matchups between players that don’t have a 50 ping difference each.

My god, if there actually were sub servers on EU and it wasn’t just 1 massive server that would’ve been so much better for people who are geographically placed in countries that don’t have good enough internet connection to the main server because they’re either too far or their connection sucks (or both) to have a decent ping.

It actually bugs me that I can’t play online games with a ping lower than 90 which is a major disadvantage.

yooooo nyc gang!!!

Here in the glorious Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, I’ve had no issue with the Chicago server, and the years I played WoW on Central and West Coast servers, never had an issue.

The people who tend to have an issue are either up around the New England area, or down around Florida and other gulf states.

Admittedly it is rather odd that WoW has wide coverage in the states server-wise, but Overwatch is still limping along with 2 server locations for the continental US lmao

1 Like

MA
43-50

Occasionally the game will connect me to the West Coast server and my latency goes to 90. I usually switch off hitscan then.

Pennsylvania here, usually get around 40-45.

Mine is always 29 except when the game decides to put me on epwest coast games, In which I get 80. But that’s probably like 1/50 games lol.

Toronto.

New servers may be a helpful part of ping, but you also have to deal with the route between you and the server and everyone else and the power of your ISP. We have amazing fiber optics in my southeast state, and my ping is around mid 30s (tested vs AI and at the start of a random 6v6 obj game).

Comcast, Xfinity, and some other guys may be giving you hot junk at high prices.

Ping in game
https://imgur.com/a/C5sRdHb

the values for those from left to right are
minimum / average / max

information on ping
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7779

Haha west coast is better confirmed
C
O
M
P
T
O
N

i swear i’ve gotten 43 ms on NJ, but later got spikes to 50-60 and even reaching 90 if matchmaker puts me in midwestern or west coast servers. pls blizz invest in a EST server

Edit: or dedicated servers for our own setups

I’m in VA and I get 60 too. Never lower, sometimes up to 100+ on a bad day too. It sucks, because sometimes I want to play OW and just get awful ping.

1 Like

I live in Florida, so if I’m not spontaneously combusting as soon as I leave my house, I’m getting horrible ping because of a tropical storm. Literally, the storm rising event was happening right outside my window.

Play Nice, Play Neutral

|DoritoDiet|

3 Likes

East coast infrastructure is also trash and many of the states are myper regulated high tax commonwealths, its huge burden on Blizz. Hope they manage to set up better server setups somehow, at least their netcode is good.

I think any latency under 80 is considered “acceptable”, I average 60 from Wyoming connecting to Chicago (though sometimes the routing sends me to LAX and there I average 68). (Remember the in-game stat latency is the average PING and RTT values combined. Click here for details.). Unless you live in the greater Los Angeles or Chicago Area, most likely you will average 45 to 60 for most connections. While geographic distance is a factor, how many hubs are between you and the game server is more of a factor. So that being said, say they open a new server in Atlanta. That would for the most part benefit those mostly in Atlanta (and a bit for Florida) but not so much for most others on the East Coast. Don’t necessarily expect more server locations in North America to be opened up soon unless the active population for Overwatch really grows a lot.

1 Like

East coast? Sorry my friend im west coast

(Hiss)
wE Don’T SssseRve YoUr KinD hEre
:japanese_ogre:

Play Nice, Play Neutral

|DoritoDiet|

2 Likes

Southern PA and 70.

I’d like a DC server personally since it’s dead center of the east

1 Like